Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/2/12
The Philadelphia Wings added defenders Michael Manley, C.J. Costabile and Kevin Randall in the 2012 National Lacrosse League entry draft Monday night.
With their first selection in the draft at number 32 overall, the Wings selected Manley out of Duke University. Last season Manley was named to the USILA All-America second team and led Duke with 27 forced turnovers and also recovered 52 loose balls. He added two goals and two assists from his defensive post.
In round 5 the Wings selected Manley’s college teammate, Costabile, at number 39 overall and defender Randall at 41 overall from Notre Dame.
Costabile was a midfielder at Duke University and figures to bolster the defense in the upcoming 2013 season. In 2012 Costabile was voted to the USIL A All-America first team, was an All-ACC selection and was also the ACC Co-Defensive Player of the Year. He led the Blue Devils in 2012 with a team-high 144 loose balls.
Randall was one of three captains for Notre Dame in 2012 and started each game during his final two years on the team. Randall also plays for the MLL’s Charlotte Hounds.
The Philadelphia Wings will open the 2013 NLL regular season at home versus the Buffalo Bandits on Friday, January 11.
Call 215-389-WING (9464) or visit WingsLAX.com for more information about Season Tickets for the upcoming 2013 Philadelphia Wings Season.
1. Edmonton – Mark Matthews (Denver University)
2. Minnesota – Brock Sorenson (Ohio State University)
3. Minnesota – Kiel Matisz (Robert Morris University)
4. Minnesota – Shayne Jackson (Limestone College)
5. Buffalo – Dhane Smith (Kitchener, ON)
6. Calgary – Joe Resetarits (University of Albany)
7. Calgary – Matthew Dinsdale (Coquitlam, BC)
8. Edmonton – Curtis Knight (Whitby, ON)
9. Colorado – Colton Clark (Bellarmine University)
10. Minnesota – Alex Crepinsek (Rochester Institute of Technology)
11. Washington – Tyler Garrison (Coquitlam, BC)
12. Washington – Billy Hostrawser (Orangeville, ON)
13. Buffalo – Hayden Smith (Orangeville, ON)
14. Toronto – Bradley Kri (Orangeville, ON)
15. Edmonton – Michael Cudmore (University of Hartford)
16. Buffalo – Jordan Critch (Orangeville, ON)
17. Calgary – Jackson Decker (Burnaby, BC)
18. Buffalo – Carter Bender (University of Hartford)
19. Washington – Justin Pychel (Six Nations, ON)
20. Toronto – Mike Lum-Walker (Whitby, ON)
21. Washington – Mitch Jones (Orangeville, ON)
22. Buffalo – Kevin Brownell (Robert Morris University)
23. Washington – Tim Henderon (Army)
24. Minnesota – Sam Bradman (Salisbury College)
25. Toronto – Kyle Pereira (Brampton, ON)
26. Rochester – Robbie Campbell (Stony Brook University)
27. Toronto – Kyle Belton (Stony Brook University)
28. Edmonton – Michael Burke (Brampton, ON)
29. Rochester – Cody Hawkins (Delta, BC)
30. Washington – TJ Cowx (Mars Hill)
31. Buffalo – Joel Matthews (University of Detroit Mercy)
32. Philadelphia – Michael Manley (Duke University)
33. Edmonton* – Simon Giourmetakis (Canisius College)
34. Toronto – Dustin Caravello (Orangeville, ON)
35. Edmonton* – Mitchell Bannister (Okotokes, AB)
36. Calgary – Chad Cummings (Kitchener, ON)
37. Minnesota* – Tyler Tanguay (Adrian College)
38. Rochester – Matt Hummel (Mercyhurst University)
39. Philadelphia – CJ Costabile (Duke University)
40. Buffalo – Wenster Green (Six Nations, ON)
41. Philadelphia – Kevin Randall (University of Notre Dame)
42. Minnesota – Bryan Campbell (Brock University)
43. Toronto – Robert Koger (Georgetown University)
44. Colorado – Jaden Gastaldo (Burnaby, BC)
45. Calgary – Kyle Dexter (Calgary, AB)
46. Minnesota* – Matt Gibson (Yale University)
47. Rochester – Chris Attwood (St. Catharines, ON)
48. Washington – Kyle Buchanan (Robert Morris University)
49. Minnesota** – Michael Teeter (Victoria, BC)
50. Calgary – Curtis Pridham (Calgary, AB)
51. Minnesota – Chris Cudmore (Mars Hill College)
52. Toronto – Tyler Glebe (London, ON)
53. Colorado – Alex Demopoulos (University of Denver)
54. Calgary – Myles Dennett (Calgary, AB)
55. Edmonton – Kyle Goodchild (University of Hartford)
56. Rochester – Cody McLeod (Orangeville, ON)
* The Minnesota Swarm traded the 33rd & 35th overall selections in the 2012 Draft to the Edmonton Rush in exchange for the 37th & 46th overall selections and Edmonton’s 3rd round selection in the 2013 Draft.
** The Calgary Roughnecks traded the 49th overall selection in the 2012 Draft to the Minesota Swarm in exchange for Minnesota’s 6th round selection in the 2013 Draft.