By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/9/22
The Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings (based on strength of schedule, wins over ranked teams, and win-loss record) are for teams in PA, Delaware and South Jersey:
- Archbishop Carroll (16-0) Prev: No. 1 – The Patriots have a game with No. 3 Penn Charter on Tuesday.
- Episcopal Academy (15-2) Prev: No. 2 – EA can just about wrap up the Inter-Ac League championship with road wins this week over Springside Chestnut Hill (Tuesday) and Agnes Irwin (Friday).
- Lenape-NJ (12-0) Prev: No. 6 – The Indians have been the class of South Jersey and backed it up with big wins last week over Cherokee (17-10) and Moorestown (18-10).
- Conestoga (14-1) Prev: No. 5 – The Pioneers can repeat as outright Central League champions with a win Tuesday over Harriton.
- Penn Charter (15-4) Prev: No. 3 – The Quakers play at No. 1 Archbishop Carroll on Tuesday.
- Owen J. Roberts (18-0) Prev: No. 12 – The Wildcats claimed an impressive 7-3 win over Garnet Valley.
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (12-3) Prev: No. 7 – The Blue Devils can tighten up the Inter-Ac race with a win over Episcopal Academy on Tuesday.
- Manheim Township (16–2) Prev: No. 5 – The Blue Streaks had a 101-game Lancaster Lebanon regular season win streak snapped by Hempfield, 7-5.
- Cherokee-NJ (11-2) Prev: No. 8 – The Chiefs will host Cardinal O’Hara on May 17.
- Moorestown-NJ (8-7) Prev: No. 9 – The Quakers continue a murderous schedule with games this week vs. Connecticut power Darien (today) and Penn Charter (Thursday).
- Agnes Irwin (8-6) Prev: No. 10 – The Owls can stay in the Inter-Ac title chase with a win over first-place Penn Charter Friday.
- Shawnee-NJ (11-2) Prev: NR – The Renegades have wins over Moorestown and Cherry Hill West.
- Garnet Valley (11-6) Prev: No. 11 – The Jaguars close their regular season Tuesday vs. Haverford High.
- Cardinal O’Hara (10-3) Prev: No. 13 – The Lions play at Hill School on Wednesday.
- (tie) Twin Valley (17-1) Prev: No. 14 – The Raiders are the Berks County tournament favorites; Bishop Shanahan (12-3) Prev: No. 15 – The Eagles host Conestoga today and can repeat as Ches-Mont League champs with wins over Henderson (Tuesday) and West Chester East (Thursday);
Under Consideration: Cape Henlopen-DE (12-1), Cherry Hill West-NJ (12-2), Downingtown East (11-5), Easton (13-4), Emmaus (16-2), Great Valley (11-5), Haddonfield-NJ (10-1), Hempfield (16-1), Kennett (12-4), Penncrest (12-3); Radnor (12-4), Shady Side Academy (11-3), Springfield-Delco (12-4), Southern Lehigh (12-2), Sussex Academy-DE (12-1), Tatnall School-DE (10-1), Unionville (12-4), Wissahickon (11-2), Wilson (14-4).