Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 1/30/19
The inaugural Lacrosse Unites for HER tournament (2021-2026) has partnered with the Belles Lacrosse Club for a benefit tournament on May 19 at West Chester University.
This tourney allows teams to prepare for the summer tournament season in a fun-filled and philanthropic day of lacrosse. The mission of UFH is to bridge the gap between the medical and wellness communities by funding and delivering complementary therapies that support the physical and emotional needs of those with breast cancer during treatment and beyond.
Team fees of $700 (Max roster 20) will include:
*Four 25-minute games;
*An organic swag bag filled with cosmetics valued at $25 for each player;
*And a reversible pinnie for all players.
Players will wear these pinnies for each game to play for pink or white in order to unite for the mission of the day. All teams are encouraged to participate in our Above and Beyond Fundraising Challenge to raise additional funds to support UFH. 100% of event proceeds benefit Unite for HER nonprofit organization.
Prizes will be awarded to the top teams. Some examples of prizes are:
• Top fundraising team will attend a Meet and Greet/ VIP autograph session with the Philly Fire professional women’s lacrosse team. Date TBD depending on finalization of the Fire schedule.
• Second Place team will receive a 30 minute Q &A Skype session with Taylor Cummings (scheduled at the convenience of Taylor and winning team)
• Top 3 teams who raise at least $1000 will have a grant donation made in their name to a local breast cancer center
• Top 3 teams will receive Quarter zips with Lacrosse Unites for HER logo
• Top club will receive a monetary grant back to any member of their club diagnosed with breast cancer to ease the emotional and financial burden experienced by lacrosse families due to breast cancer. (Grant recipients must fill out application to ensure criteria are met)
• Top 10 teams will receive guaranteed registration in our 2020 tournament.
Please complete registration online – https://events.teamsnap.com/loginand mail check payable to ‘Unite for HER’ to: Unite for HER Attn: Lacrosse Unites for HER 127 East Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380