Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/15/18
Registration remains open for the PLA Golf Classic, which will be held on Columbus Day (Monday, 10/8) at Rolling Green Golf Club in Springfield, PA.
The event supports the PLA’s mission to promote the game of lacrosse in the Greater Philadelphia region, particularly its New Start Program, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs.
The event has raised over $500,000 to support the PLA’s cause over the 25 years.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by registering for the event as soon as possible. Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. “Early bird” registration ends Sunday, September 16th.
Last year’s PLA Golf Classic at Manufacturers’ featured 92 golfers and 42 corporate and individual sponsors and helped the PLA raised over $15,000. The proceeds enabled the PLA to:
• support the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and other programs in Greater Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania;
• conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics;
• sponsor area charitable tournaments that keep Pennsylvania lacrosse in the spotlight;
• underwrite the 5th Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquet; and
• support the HEADstring Project, which helps grow the game and promote diversity in the sport.
This year’s proceeds will also help the PLA sponsor the induction ceremony for the 2019 US Lacrosse Hall of Fame (Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter), which will be held at Whitemarsh Valley Country Club on February 9, 2019.
Sponsors: We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. All sponsors, patrons and (if applicable) their logos (and websites) will be promoted on tee-signs, in the event program, in press releases and on PLA website and the PLA Golf Classic website.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a well subscribed and memorable one. Come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun. And help make it possible for even more boys and girls to discover the joy of America’s truly native game. Hope to see you there.