Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 7/27/17
The Pennsylvania Roughrider Lacrosse Club will hold tryouts for its Fall 2017 / Spring & Summer 2018 teams on August 13 and 20 for the classes of 2019 – 2027. Teams will be fielded at the Elite and Select level.
The Roughriders have made a big impact on the club scene, come see what the excitement is all about!
• Experienced adult coaching staffs at every level, including former D1 players from UVA, Notre Dame, Cornell, Penn State, Drexel, Delaware, Villanova and more, MLL and NLL veterans
• A competitive schedule at some the nation’s best tournaments
• Position specific instruction for FOGOs and goalies
• Top of the line uniforms and gear
• Year round play with tournaments in the Fall, Winter training with Blue Ox, Spring leagues for the Youth Elite, 3-4 summer tournaments depending on age
• Backed by Corrigan Sports, producers of the Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Event and the IMLCA National Cup, the Roughriders will give you access to the top events and college coaches!
At the high school level, coached by some of the best in the area, teams will compete in the month of November at top tournaments along with Sunday practices. Winter skill sessions will be coached by Matt Mackrides and the Blue Ox team, the best skills training in PA. Once the high school seasons conclude, teams will practice two times a week heading into a summer schedule with 4 tournaments with elite teams competing at the highest level.
The Pennsylvania Roughrider youth teams can expect the best in coaching, fundamental-based practices, clinics, and ample amount of field time throughout the entire year. Teams will practice 7 times in the fall months and compete in 2 tournaments. As 2018 gets underway teams will compete in the Mid Atlantic Lacrosse League in the spring months. The summer season will consist of 4-5 tournaments in the area with 1-2 travel tournaments.
Tryout dates and times
(it is recommended to attend both tryouts)
2027- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 9-11am, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 12-2pm
2026- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 9-11am, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 12-2pm
2025- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 12-2pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 12-2pm
2024- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 12-2pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 12-2pm
2023- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 2-4pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 2-4pm
2022- 8/13 @ Lambert Park 4-6pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 2-4pm
2021- 8/13 @ West Chester Univ. 12-2pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 2-4pm
2020- 8/13 @ West Chester Univ. 4-6pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 4-6pm
2019- 8/13 @ West Chester Univ. 2-4pm, 8/20 @ Malvern Prep 4-6pm
Click here to register. Walk-up registration will be allowed on-site, but online is preferred!
Lambert Park – 1195 Pottstown Pike, West Chester, PA 19380
Malvern Prep – 418 S Warren Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
West Chester University- 700 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382