Phillylacrosse.com, posted 4/14/15
From Press Release
There is still time to register for the Liberty Lacrosse Shootout. The event will take place June 6/7 in Malvern. Over 100 boys’ teams and 2500 youth players are expected to participate in one of most popular events on the youth lacrosse calendar. The event will feature a diverse group of recreational teams, as in years’ past. This year, club/travel programs are invited to play in elite brackets as well.
Brackets, dates of play and additional information are below. The tournament set up and the fields of play are second to none. To register or learn more, please visit the Shootout website – http://www.libertylacrosse.com. We hope we’ll see your groups and their team tents in June at the Shootout, making memories and Cradling in the Cradle of Liberty™.
The Shootout venues are exceptional and the festival features the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event. The GCVSA Line Road Complex, the host site, includes 8 sprinklered fields that are adjacent to scenic and protected land in historic Willistown Township, Chester County. The Phelps School, less than a mile away, will host our secondary site on its well-maintained fields.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION DATE OF PLAY
U9 Boys (Rec Grades 1-2; Club 2025/2026) Saturday, June 6
U11 Boys (Rec Grades 3-4; Club 2023/2024) Sunday, June 7
U13 Boys (Rec Grades 5-6; Club 2021/2022) Saturday, June 6
U15 Boys (Rec Grades 7-8; Club 2019/2020) Sunday, June 7
• Two or more Rec/Club brackets are available in each division (subject to interest) to help align teams that are organized by age/grade/ability. Our goal is to see highly competitive games and, perhaps, lots of 4v4 Bravehearts!;
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their bracket; pool winners advance in a playoff format;
• Shootout venues are exceptional; the Line Road fields are sprinklered and manicured;
• Liberty features certified officials, licensed athletic trainers and all the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (the kids will experience a true tournament atmosphere!);
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from a number of lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good competition. Liberty typically draws teams from Greater Philadelphia, Central PA, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Connecticut;
• Expect a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere with great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions);
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties, so plan to get situated, comfortable and just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• Teams will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on “Honor the Game” scorecards kept by Shootout officials and site marshals after each game.
Space is limited. It is anticipated the Shootout will fill up in advance of the deadline (May 15th), as it has the past 11 years, and the event is now open to Clubs! Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest/balancing of brackets). If you have any questions, please let us know – http://libertylacrosse.com/contact/
Leave a Reply