By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/4/15
The Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings:
1. Haverford School (20-0) Prev: No. 1 The Fords can complete a perfect regular season with wins over Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (Tuesday) and Malvern Prep (Friday).
2. Hun School (13-0) Prev: No. 2 The Raiders play at Hill School on Wednesday.
3. Episcopal Academy (12-5) Prev: No. 4 The Churchmen will look to clinch the No. 3 seed in the Inter-Ac Challenge when they face Malverm Prep Tuesday and Penn Charter Friday.
4. St. Augustine Prep (10-3) Prev: No. 3 The Hermits host 10-1 Moorestown on Tuesday.
5. Central Bucks East (14-1) Prev: No. 5 The Patriots play Central Bucks West tonight in a rivalry game they must win to stay tied atop the Suburban One Continental Conference standings. Also key is Saturday’s game at Radnor.
6. Upper Dublin (14-1) Prev: No. 8 The Cardinals can clinch the Suburban One American Conference title today with a win over Wissahickon but equally important for the post-season is Friday’s home game with Springfield-Delco.
7. Penncrest (13-3) Prev: No. 6 The Lions can clinch a tie for the Central League title with a win over Marple Newtown on Tuesday.
8. Bishop Shanahan (12-1) Prev: No. 9 The Eagles can clinch the Ches-Mont League title outright with wins over West Chester East (Tuesday) and Unionville (Thursday).
9. Springfield-Delco (11-3) Prev: No. 10 The Cougars play at Upper Dublin Friday in a key seeding game.
10. Garnet Valley (11-3) Prev: No. 11 The Jaguars can clinch a tie for the Central League title with a win over Strath Haven on Tuesday.
11. Malvern Prep (11-8) Prev: No. 12 The Friars host Episcopal Academy on Tuesday.
12. Salesianum School (10-3) Prev: No. 13 The Sals gained some small form of revenge for last year’s state finals loss to Cape Henlopen with a 10-3 win on Saturday.
13. Radnor (11-5) Prev: No. 15 The Raiders host CB East Friday in a big seeding game.
14. La Salle (8-4) Prev: No. 14 The Explorers host Archbishop Wood today as they gear for the Catholic League playoffs.
15. Spring-Ford (17-1) Prev: NR The Rams are the favorite to repeat in the PAC-10 championships. They play Methacton in the semifinals Tuesday at Owen J. Roberts (5 p.m.).
Under consideration: Abington (11-4), Academy of the New Church (13-2), Avon Grove (10-6), Central Bucks South (12-2), Conestoga (8-5), Easton (16-2), Emmaus (11-5), Germantown Academy (8-10), Hempfield (15-2), Hershey (16-0), Hill School (8-6), Manheim Township (15-2), Moorestown (10-1), Ridley (10-6), Shawnee (8-3), Shipley (14-3), Southern Lehigh (13-2), Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (9-8), St. Joseph’s Prep (8-5).
Leave a Reply