Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 12/28/10
The 2011 Girls’ Youth Lacrosse Referee Course will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Jan. 12-13 at Maple Zone Field House, Route 322, Conchester Highway, Boothwyn.
The registration deadline is Jan. 1.
The course is for anyone in 9th grade through 12th grade. Space is limited so don’t delay. The course includes: classroom referee training, written certification test and indoor on-the-field officiating techniques. If you took the course last year and got rated, this is your opportunity to renew your rating for the 2011 season. Your rating expires 12/30/10. All candidates must pass a written test and on the field training to receive certification.
This is a training class and for rules interpretations. New officials must attend both classroom sessions. Renewing officials must at least attend the second session; and 2) Saturday mornings-January 15 through February 12-On the field training and ratings will be given. Times-9:00 a.m. through 3:00.p.m.
Candidates will need to be rated at one or more sessions. You do not have to be there the entire time. A time will be assigned to you.
The cost is $40 cash (no checks please) in an envelope with your name on it, which includes course materials, rulebook, training and referee t-shirt. If you already have a t-shirt, the cost is $35.
How to get registered:
1. You must email Robin Zane at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1 to pre-register. At that time, let us know your t-shirt size (if you need one).
2. You must be US Lacrosse registered. Go to www.uslacrosse.org to register.
* Click on membership info on the left side of the home page
* Renewing officials only – You can pay your US fee ($35) online with a credit card (your parent’s)
* New officials-Join or renew as a player and status will be upgraded once the course is passed.
* You must be a member to take this course.
* Proof of membership must be presented the first night; i.e. your card or number with expiration date or confirmation email.
3. Bring whistle, note paper, pencil, and highlighter. Warning cards and whistles will be available for purchase for $12. (needed as part of required equipment. Please order in advance). QUESTIONS: Call or email Robin Zane at 610-459-0557 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 610-459-0557 end_of_the_skype_highlighting