Boys’/Men’s Coaching Jobs
NXT LC 2018 head coach
NXT Sports seeks a head coach for the NXT Lacrosse Club 2018 team. NXT Lacrosse is a four-year old club program based in Newtown Square, Pa.. NXT Lacrosse is focused on player development and skill building through an organized and highly professional approach to practices and through passionate and knowledgeable instruction. NXT Lacrosse trains year-round at Episcopal Academy, one of the best high school facilities in the nation.
Tryouts for the NXT 2018 team will take place in September 2014 at Episcopal Academy. Last year, more than 165 players tried out for the NXT 2017 team and that team has quickly established itself as one of the best in the region. The NXT 2018 team will consist of 26-28 players who are willing to commit to the program year-round.
• Direct all on-field activities for the team
• Commit to offering developmental feedback to players and families, up to and including personal developmental meetings with all players.
• Work closely with the NXT coaching directors to formulate practice plans and distribute practice plans to players in advance.
• Applicant must be willing to commit to NXT’s year-round practice and tournament schedule. 2014-2015 schedule consists of weekly practice September to November, three to four fall tournaments, weekend indoor practice December through February and one indoor box tournament and summer practice May through July with a full summer tournament schedule.
• A current or former lacrosse player highly knowledgeable about the sport.
• Coaching experience required and head coaching experience is preferred.
• Genuine interest in working with and developing young lacrosse players.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Able to communicate equally well with players and parents.
• Able to commit to a year-long program.
• Have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
• Teaching experience is a plus.
• Highly competitive salary
• All travel costs to and from events covered
• All club apparel provided
• Opportunity to work other NXTsports events if desired, such as the Philly Showcase
For more information about NXTsports and the NXT Lacrosse Club, check out www.iamnxt.com and www.nxtlacrosse.com.
To apply or for more information send an introductory email and a résumé
Philadelphia Regional Director, NXT Lacrosse
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy, Coach
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy located in Bryn Mawr PA is starting an after school Boys Lax club for students in grades 8-12 this Spring. This club will hopefully turn into a varsity program for the Spring of 2015.
Practice will take place 2-3 days a week.
Barrack is looking for an experienced coach who can build, strengthen and promote a new program. Barrack currently competes in the Tri County Independent School League and the Penn Jersey Athletic Association.
All interested applicants should email Director of Athletics, Justin Cooper email@example.com.
Haddon Township High School (Haddon Twp., NJ) Head Coach, Club Coach
(HS & Club Coach). Available: ASAP. Deadline: Feb. 5, 2014.
Head coach needed for 1st year program at Haddon Twp HS. Program recently received school board approval for JV competition in 2014 and will play a limited schedule. The goal is to play a varsity schedule in 2015. We expect rapid growth and are seeking a coach to lead our program as we develop future champions in lacrosse and life. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to build a program from the ground up! This is a club-funded program and a supportive board is in place to handle fundraising and administrative duties.
We have a small core group of high school students who have playing experience, including several accomplished club players and another group that participated in a spring clinic in 2013 who have equipment and enthusiasm. In addition, we have a committed group of U15 players who also participated in last years clinic and are currently competing in two winter indoor leagues. So, there is a feeder program in place for U15.
Responsibilities would consist of coaching the high school team 3x per week, plus games and also assisting in the development of the U15 club team. Candidates need 60 credits, NJ sub certificate, pass criminal history and background check. There is no teaching position available. Successful candidates will have significant playing experience at the high school and college level and a passion for teaching the game of lacrosse. Salary: TBD. Appointment: Part-Time, 3 months.
Contact for application and information: Chris Hofmann, HT Lacrosse Club, Haddonfield, NJ. Phone: (856) 296-7762 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower Bucks Youth coaches
Lower Bucks Lacrosse (www.lowerbuckslacrosse.org) of Lower Makefield, PA is seeking “Head Coaching Talent” for its Boys: 7th/8th (1 Coach), 5th/6th (1 Coach), 3rd/4th (1 Coach) and Girls: 7th/8th (1 Coach) grade teams.
This is a “volunteer” position only. Coaches would need to manage a team of 18-20 players and hold 2 practices/week plus attend games/tournaments most weekends, end-March through end-May. It is preferable that the Head Coach be a resident of the Yardley/Lanhorne/Neshaminy community and have a lacrosse playing/coaching background.
If you are interested or know of someone who would be an ideal candidate – sharing their experience and knowledge of lacrosse with one of the largest youth lacrosse organizations in Eastern Pennsylvania, please contact Joe Manuli at email@example.com
***All applicants will be asked to pass a police background check.
Great Valley youth coaches
Great Valley Youth Lacrosse Association in Malvern is looking to hire several coaches for the Spring 2014 season. The commitment runs from early March until the first weekend in June and typically involves 1-2 practices per week and 1-2 games per week. GVYLA plays in the CCLA travel league. These positions will be paid. College lacrosse experience is required. Please send your qualifications to Mike Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
E-mail us at email@example.com for coaching opening submissions