By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/6/13
The Inter-Ac League title chase comes down to the final week with No. 1 Malvern Prep and No. 2 Episcopal Academy tied with one defeat each.
1. Malvern Prep (12-1) Prev: No. 2 – The Friars must win Tuesday at Haverford School and at home Friday against Germantown Academy to assure themselves of at least a tie for the Inter-Ac title.
2. Episcopal Academy (13-4) Prev: No. 1 – The Churchmen must win at home Tuesday vs. Penn Charter and at home Friday vs. Haverford School to guarantee at least a share of the Inter-Ac title.
3. La Salle (13-2) Prev: No. 3 – The Explorers will have the No. 1 seed in the Catholic League playoffs. They host No. 6 Radnor on Thursday.
4. Haverford School (11-6) Prev: No. 4 – The Fords can still forge a tie for the Inter-Ac championship by beating Malvern Prep Tuesday and Episcopal Academy on Thursday.
5. Salesianum School (11-2) Prev: No. 6-The Sals – who defeated Georgetown Prep last weekend to move up a spot – play at Archmere Academy (8-4) Tuesday and host St. Mark’s (11-2) Thursday.
6. Radnor (14-2) Prev: No. 5 – The Red Raiders can clinch a tie for the Central League title Tuesday when they play at Marple Newtown.
7. Moorestown (12-0) Prev: No. 7 – The Quakers play today at 10-1 Somerville.
8. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (12-5) Prev: No. 8 – The Blue Devils play Tuesday at Germantown Academy in their Inter-Ac finale.
9. Manheim Township (16-1) Prev: No. 9 – The Blue Streaks remain undefeated in Lancaster County games.
10. Avon Grove (12-3) Prev: No. 10 – The Red Devils are tied atop the Ches-Mont logjam.
11. St. Joseph’s Prep (9-6) Prev: No. 11 – The Hawks will aim to get another shot at La Salle in the Catholic League playoffs.
12. Conestoga (9-8) Prev: NR – It’s been a struggle, but the Pioneers can clinch a tie for the Central League crown Tuesday by winning at Penncrest.
13. Ridley (12-4) Prev: No. 12 – The Green Raiders took a key win over Great Valley Saturday for the District 1 seedings, 10-8.
14. Garnet Valley (11-5) Prev: No. 13 – The Jaguars won a big game Saturday for the District 1 seedings over Avon Grove, 6-2.
15. Penn Charter (11-11) Prev: No. 14 – The Quakers play at Episcopal Academy Tuesday in an Inter-Ac game as they look to serve as the spoiler.
Under consideration: Abington (12-3); Bishop Shanahan (9-3), Central Bucks East (12-3), Downingtown East (11-5), Great Valley (11-4), Hatboro-Horsham (12-3); Hershey (16-1), Lawrenceville School (10-4), Penncrest (10-4), Springfield-Delco (10-5), Upper Dublin (15-1).