Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/5/13
From Press Release
The Drexel women’s lacrosse team is ranked 18th in this week’s national deBeer Women’s Media Poll. It is the first time in program history that the team has been ranked nationally in the Media Poll under Head Coach Anna Marie Vesco. The Dragons are also receiving votes in the IWLCA Coaches Poll. Drexel improved to 4-0 overall after defeating Saint Joseph’s, 8-6, last Friday.
On a national level, senior captain Kelli Joran (Downingtown East) is tied for 34th in scoring with 12 goals and shares the 39th spot with 17 total points. In draw controls, Joran is tied for 35th with 15, while fellow senior captain Kristin Kopenhaver is tied for 44th overall with 14 wins. Sophomore goalkeeper Teresha Bradley (Rancocas Valley) is 22nd in the country with a .477 save percentage.
In the latest Colonial Athletic Association statistical rankings, Drexel currently ranks first with a 5.75 goals against average and second in save percentage. Drexel’s Joran and Kopenhaver are tied for the league lead in draw controls. Joran is also fourth in goals and assists. Fellow captain Alyse Maiden is fourth in in assists.
The Dragons will host Villanova on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. on their home turf at Vidas Field.
deBeer Women’s Media Poll – March. 4
1. University of Maryland (5-0)
2. University of Florida (7-0)
3. University of North Carolina (4-1)
4. Northwestern Univesity (4-1)
5. Duke University (5-1)
6. University of Notre Dame (3-0)
7. Syracuse University (2-2)
8. Georgetown University (3-0)
9. Penn State University (3-1)
10. University of Virginia (2-3)
11. Johns Hopkins University (4-0)
12. Loyola University (2-2)
13. Dartmouth College (3-0)
14. University of Mass.-Amherst (4-2)
15. Navy (5-0)
16. Towson University (1-3)
17. Stony Brook University (2-1)
18. Drexel University (4-0)
19. University of Pennsylvania (0-2)
20. Boston College (2-2)