Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/13/13
From Press Release
The event will take place June 8/9 at the Greater Chester Valley Soccer Association’s Line Road Complex (Malvern) and West Chester East High School (West Chester). The Shootout is an opportunity for teams to culminate their spring lacrosse campaigns with a memorable season finale. Join the fun and come “Cradle in the Cradle of Liberty”! The specifics:
• Over 120 teams and 2500 youth players are expected to participate in Liberty, which has become one of the most popular youth lacrosse tournaments on perhaps the finest collection of playing fields in the Mid-Atlantic region.
• New in 2013 – three girls’ divisions (U11, U13, U15).
• The boys’ divisions will feature U9, U11, U13 and U15 teams, as in the past.
• U9/U13 teams play Saturday June 8th; U11/U15 team play Sunday June 9th
• At least two brackets are available in each division to help align teams that are organized by grade and to ensure games remain highly competitive. Depending on interest, the tournament will also feature a C bracket at the U11 and U13 levels.
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from several lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good and varied competition.
• Shootout venues are exceptional and the festival features the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (the GCVSA Line Road Complex includes 8 sprinklered fields immediately adjacent to scenic and protected land in historic Willistown Township, Chester County; our West Chester East High School venue features a turf field and 5 well-groomed grass fields).
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their respective age groups. The competition is strong at each level, rules are designed to ensure games remain competitive. Expect to see some Bravehearts! Pool winners advance in a playoff format.
• Additionally, teams in each age group will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on sportsmanship scorecards kept by certified officials and site marshals after each game, taking into account the spirit of the game and conduct on both sides of the field, including spectators.
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties; get situated, get comfortable, just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• You can count on a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere that will feature great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions).
• For anyone interested in side trips, Valley Forge National Park is just a short drive from the venue, as is the site of the Paoli Massacre, where the British surprised General “Mad” Anthony Wayne’s unsuspecting garrison during the Redcoat campaign to capture Philadelphia in 1777.
• To register or to obtain more information, please visit the Shootout website: http://www.libertylacrosse.com. “Early Bird Special” registration ends February 28th.
The Registration process is web-enabled. It is anticipated the Shootout will fill up quickly, as it has the last 9 years in advance of the deadline (May 3rd). Please register early to ensure a spot and take advantage of the “early bird special” (ends February 28th).
Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest and balancing of brackets; popular and potentially over-subscribed brackets will be accommodated if another bracket is under-subscribed).