Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/19/12
Trashcan Lacrosse summer camp season is now in full swing. Trashcan Lacrosse camps are designed for boys age 8-14 and focus jointly on skill development and ensuring that every player who attends has success and a lot of fun. The Trashcan curriculum maximizes the “touches” players get while truly improving their fundamental skills.
Brett Manney’s Trashcan Lacrosse Camp at the beautiful George School in Newtown, PA is in full swing this week. While next week, Andy Hayes’s Trashcan Lacrosse Camp runs at Episcopal Academy in Newtown Square, PA Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m..
All participants at Trashcan Camp will receive a co-branded Trashcan STX backpack filled with a Trashcan STX reversible jersey and other STX gear. The Camp will also feature daily games, Trashcan Lacrosse tournaments, and awards and prizes.
Finally, Andy Hayes’s Camp will feature a great lineup of instructors, all experienced and dedicated to youth skill development, including:
• Andy Hayes – Coach Hayes just completed his 8th season as Head Coach at Episcopal Academy in the highly-competitive Inter-Ac League. Andy ended the 2012 season leading the Churchmen to their first-ever Inter-Ac Invitational Championship. Coach Hayes has designed well-regarded lacrosse training curriculums for all age levels, and frequently lectures at coaching clinics nationwide. He recently was invited to give his lecture – Youth Practice 3.0 – on the live demo field at the 2012 U.S. Lacrosse Convention.
• Casey Powell – One of the greatest lacrosse players of all time, Casey was a four-time All-American at Syracuse, is a former captain of the United States national team, and currently plays professionally for the Rochester Nighthawks of the NLL and the Hamilton Nationals of the MLL. Casey is highly experienced working with kids at his own nationwide series of camps and is excited to make a guest appearance at Trashcan Camp.
• Peter Lawrence – Coach Law is the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach at the University of Hartford. In 2011 he led the Hawks to the America East Championship and their first ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament, and was named the New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Coach of the Year. Peter is the President of Trashcan Lacrosse and the lead developer of the Trashcan curriculum.
• Brett Manney – Brett is a defensemen for the Philadelphia Wings and also coaches at Episcopal Academy and for the NXT Lacrosse Club. Brett is also a highly experienced youth instructor great at interacting with kids of all ages.
• Marty Kupprion – Coach Kupp is the NXTsports’ Philadelphia Regional Director and oversees all NXTsports lacrosse educational programming in the region. He also serves as Head Coach of the NXT Lacrosse Club 2014 team and directs the Trashcan Lacrosse Club summer program. Kupp works extensively with kids on skill development, and is a co-author of the Trashcan and Cradle Lacrosse curriculums.
There is limited space remaining for Andy Hayes’s Trashcan Lacrosse Camp. For more information and to register go to TrashcanLacrosse.com.