Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 11/29/11
The Duke’s Lacrosse Club is hosting its annual College Recruiting Meeting on Wednesday from 7-9:30 p.m. at Harriton High.
The event is open to the public.
The guest speaker is Maryland head coach John Tillman. The discussion will touch on all areas of college recruiting, including new possibilities of combining scholarships and financial aid at the Division I level.
General Topics to be covered:
- Type of Athlete/Student.
- Grades, SATS, PSATS, Testing et al.
- Website links and NCAA Rules.
- Do’s and Don’t of college recruiting.
- Creating a College Contact Binder and getting started.
- Creating Cover letter with Accompanying Athletic Accomplishments Resume and Scholastic Accomplishments Resume.
- Picking a College with a review for Location, Cost, Major/Academics, Lacrosse Level, Campus Size and Social, Lacrosse Coach, Team, Player and Scheme of Play review – all to determine fit for Student/player.
- Contacting Colleges & College Coaches. Primary Contact and Important Timelines/Dates in Recruiting and Admissions.
- Transcripts, Aid/Scholarship Forms and Filing.
- Contact calls and Visits.
- Unofficial and Official Visits.
- Commitment to College.
- Tony Panichelli as additional speaker
-Coach Mike Mackrides on Lacrosse family, dealing with College coaches and recruiting Process.
-Chris Spahr on Dukes website and access to Links and NCAA REGS.
- Q & A with individual Speakers and Guests.