By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/9/22
The Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings (based on strength of schedule, wins over ranked teams, and win-loss record) are for teams in PA, Delaware and South Jersey:
- Malvern Prep (15-3) Prev: No. 1 – The Friars -coming off a 10-7 win over then-No. 2 Salesianum School – can wrap up the top seed in the Inter-Ac League playoffs with wins over Penn Charter (Tuesday) and Springside Chestnut Hill (Friday).
- Episcopal Academy (10-6) Prev: No. 8 – The Churchmen defeated No. 1 Malvern Prep and close their Inter-Ac regular season vs. Springside Chestnut Hill (Tuesday) and Haverford School (Friday).
- Radnor (14-2) Prev: No. 3 – The Raptors can clinch a second straight Central League title Tuesday by defeating Ridley. Then they play Thursday at No. 4 Salesianum.
- Salesianum School-DE (10-2) Prev: No. 2 – The Sals host No. 3 Radnor Thursday and Saturday play at Long Island power Chaminade.
- La Salle (13-3) Prev: No. 4 – The Explorers play Saturday at No. 7 Academy of the New Church.
- Haverford School (11-5) Prev: No. 5 – The Fords remain in the Inter-Ac race for a top seed and will need to beat Episcopal Academy Friday to earn a home field game in the league tourney.
- Academy of the New Church (12-3) Prev: No. 6 – The Lions host The Hill School on Wednesday.
- St. Augustine Prep-NJ (10-1) Prev: No. 7 – The Hermits claimed a big win over Rumson-Fair Haven.
- Downingtown East (14-2) Prev: No. 13 – The Cougars can wrap up an undefeated Ches-Mont League championship with wins over Kennett (Tuesday) and Unionville (Thursday).
- Hill School (9-4) Prev: No. 9 – The Blues travel to No. 7 Academy of the New Church Wednesday and then host Kiski Prep Saturday – both foes are expected to be high seeds in the Victory Events Mid-Atlantic Championships.
- Cape Henlopen-DE (8-3) Prev: No. 10 – The Vikings gave Salesianum School a scare but fell, 13-11, in a battle of teams many expect will meet again in the state finals.
- Allentown Central Catholic (13-0) Prev: No. 11 – The Vikings are the top seed in the East Penn semifinals and play No. 4 Freedom tonight in the semifinals.
- Mars (14-0) Prev: No. 12 – The Fightin’ Planets host WPIAL AAA power North Allegheny today.
- Springfield-Delco (13-3) Prev: No. 14 – The Cougars host St. Joseph’s Prep Thursday.
- Conestoga (9-7) Prev: No. 15 – The Pioneers close their Central League season Tuesday vs. Harriton.
Under Consideration: Archmere-DE (10-1), Downingtown West (14-2), Garnet Valley (11-5), Germantown Academy (8-7), Hempfield (12-3), Kiski Prep (15-7), Manheim Township (13-3), Marple Newtown (12-4), Mt. Lebanon (11-6), North Allegheny (10-5), Parkland (14-3), Penncrest (12-4), Penn Charter (12-11), Perkiomen Valley (14-3), Shady Side Academy (12-5), Spring-Ford (12-4), Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (7-11), St. Joseph’s Prep (13-3), Westtown School (8-9), Wissahickon (10-4).