By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/27/22
The Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings (based on playoff success, strength of schedule, wins over ranked teams, and win-loss record) are for teams in PA, Delaware and South Jersey:
- Malvern Prep (20-3) – The Friars won their fourth straight Inter-Ac League championship.
- Radnor (24-2) – The Raptors won their second straight PIAA 3A championship, also taking the Central League and District 1 crowns.
- Haverford School (14-6) – The Fords reached the Inter-Ac title game.
- Episcopal Academy (11-8) – The Churchmen had wins over Malvern Prep and La Salle and reached the Inter-Ac League semifinals.
- St. Augustine Prep-NJ (16-2) – The Hermits won the New Jersey Non-Public A championship.
- Academy of the New Church (16-4) – The Lions claimed the Victory Events Mid-Atlantic Prep championship and Friends Schools League title.
- Salesianum School-DE (15-4) – The Sals won the Delaware state championship.
- Garnet Valley (19-7) – The Jaguars reached the PIAA 3A championship.
- Springfield-Delco (20-5) – The Cougars reached the District 1 and PIAA 3A semifinals.
- Mars (23-1) – The Fightin’ Planets won the PIAA 2A tourney.
- La Salle (18-4) – The Explorers won the Catholic League championship.
- St. Joseph’s Prep (17-7) – The Hawks reached the PIAA 3A semifinals.
- Downingtown East (19-4) – The Cougars reached the District 1 3A final.
- Hill School (12-6) – The Blues reached the Mid-Atlantic Prep title game.
- Marple Newtown (20-5) – The Tigers reached the PIAA 2A final and won the District 1 championship.
- Cape Henlopen-DE (15-4) – The Vikings reached the Delaware state tournament final.
- Manheim Township (19-4) – The Blue Streaks reached the PIAA 3A quarterfinals.
- Shady Side Academy (17-6) – The Bulldogs reached the PIAA 3A quarterfinals.
- Allentown Central Catholic (18-1) – The Vikings reached the PIAA 2A quarterfinals.
- (tie) Unionville (13-11) – The Longhorns reached the District 1 3A semifinals; Hempfield (15-7) – The Black Knights reached the PIAA 3A quarterfinals.
Under Consideration: Archmere-DE (16-2), Central Bucks East (14-7), Cumberland Valley (18-4), Freedom (17-4), Haddonfield-NJ (14-4), Mt. Lebanon (14-8), Shady Side Academy (17-6), Shawnee-NJ (16-5)