Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 11/23/20
EVENT MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
Office Location: Thornton, PA
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: 1-3 years relevant experience; Bachelor’s Degree Required
Positions Available: 1; Open until filled
Pay: Commensurate with experience; retirement plan with employer matching contribution
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume with contact information, three (3) references, and salary requirements to Bob Dignazio at email@example.com
Victory Event Series is looking for a positive and energetic professional with passion and experience in lacrosse who can continue to build Victory Event Series into a nationally renowned organization that provides elite experiences for elite athletes.
The successful Event Manager is responsible for the management and execution of lacrosse tournaments and events. This includes managing the event planning process from initial brainstorm to game-day execution. It includes coordinating with teams, facilities, internal staff, and business partners to deliver elite events. The Event Manager also serves as in-office lacrosse expert on Victory Event Series lacrosse events owned or co-owned by Pattison Sports Group.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Event Planning & Project Management
- Supporting the event management process from conception through execution.
- Includes managing supply orders, shipment/delivery, and facility relationships.
- Schedule a select number of tournaments.
- Assist with supervising summer interns and developing internship program.
- Managing Tournament Operations throughout the duration of the weekend. This includes but is not limited to: hiring and managing event staff, event scheduling, posting results, coordinating officials, securing vendors and sponsors, securing teams, ordering event signage, coordinating communication, and management of post-event activity including clean-up and travel.
Game Day Operations
- Overseeing pre-event setup, and managing relationships with contractors
- Addressing coach/team issues on the fly
- Manage weather communication to teams regarding delays, postponement, and rescheduling
- Other tournament duties as assigned
Client Services & Communication
- Acting as a point of contact for club directors and teams to answer questions about tournaments and make connections for clubs as needed
- Management of Leagueapps registration software and Salesflare CRM software, and communicate to teams about new developments and benefits
- Assist team sales representatives with client services, including event-specific communication to club directors and coaches
- Follow-up with unpaid teams and teams without waivers/rosters leading up to the event to ensure compliance.
- Address registration/waiver questions from teams and parents
- Write event announcements for website and blog
Marketing & Brand Management
- Manage digital marketing budget to magnify ROI
- Coordinate the relationship with our design firm to ensure consistent brand message across events and marketing materials
- Coordinate with sponsorship sales staff to ensure vendors and partners are receiving the promised deliverables.
Potential responsibilities could also include (according to experience and interest):
- Girls’ event leadership
- Sales CRM oversight and development
- Social media management and development
- Team sales
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to work as a positive member of the Victory Event Series team
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Drive
- Preferred: social media experience (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Hootsuite, Canva), CRM/sales database experience (such as Salesflare), and registration database experience (such as Leagueapps).
- Past experience in game management, event management, marketing or project management.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and remain extremely organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and overcome obstacles as well as an ability to learn new software programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for meeting leadership needs
- Ability to travel and work weekends in varying markets – expected to work upwards of 10 weekends per year, predominantly in June/July and October/November.
Generally, this job is in the office 40 hours per week but includes additional travel paid by Victory Event Series for weekend tournaments and/or showcases.