Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/10/18
There is still time to register for the BaggataGirls™ Summer Camp for girls entering Grades K-9 June 19-22 at Wilson Park, Wayne. The camp will run from 9am to 2pm (Grades K-2 will run from 9-11:30am). Per diem options are available.
BaggataGirls™ teaches the skills of lacrosse using novel drills, concepts and language players can understand, relate to and retain – all in a high energy and supportive setting. Our agenda is to teach girls the FUNdamentals, but with a flair.
• The goal, in addition to simply having fun, is to transfer knowledge, maximizes touches and help players thrive in the style of play that has emerged in girls’ lacrosse.
• Coaches teach lacrosse literacy and the requisite skills to help the girls advance at an accelerated rate. They will teach them how to become better players on their own too.
• The hope is to instill or further develop confidence and a passion for the game.
Directors will group girls by age/ability, tailoring the program as appropriate to optimize the sessions. Girls in Grades K-2 (ages 5-8) will enjoy the KinderLax™ companion curriculum (KinderLax™ players do not need equipment; soft lacrosse sticks and spongy balls will be provided).
• Amy Orcutt, Head Coach at Conestoga High School (three-time undefeated Central League Champions, 2016 PIAA State Champions, 2017 District 1 Champions)
• Scott Growney, former Mesa Fresh / PennStar / Quix Stix Blazer’s coach / Philadelphia Wings member and co-founder of BaggataGirls™ Lacrosse