By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/23/18
The Preseason 2018 Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings (last year’s records, this year’s if played):
1. Haverford School (16-7, 2-1) The Fords are again a favorite to win the Inter-Ac League, which has changed its format to feature a championship playoff.
2. Avon Grove (23-2) The Red Devils look to defend their Ches-Mont League and PIAA Class AAA championships.
3. La Salle (21-2) The Explorers will again contend for a PIAA Class AAA title.
4. Malvern Prep (17-6, 0-1) The Friars are another co-favorite for the Inter-Ac title.
5. Conestoga (22-4) The Pioneers fell in OT in the PIAA AAA final last year to Avon Grove. They have the depth to contend again for a crown.
6. Central Bucks East (18-6) The Patriots advanced to the PIAA Class AAA semifinals last year and look to make another run.
7. Parkland (20-3) The District 11 Trojans see themselves as a legitimate PIAA contender in Class AAA – is this the year a team outside of Districts 1/12 push to the finals?
8. Manheim Township (19-4) The District 3 Blue Streaks also have the talent to contend for a PIAA Class AAA title.
9. Salesianum School-DE (15-3) The Sals seek their fourth straight Delaware state title.
10. Springfield-Delco (22-3) The Cougars won the PIAA Class AA championship after taking the final one-class crown ion 2016. A three-peat would be a rare accomplishment.
11. Episcopal Academy (11-5) The Churchmen tied for second in the Inter-Ac League and reached the Inter-Ac Invitational semifinals. They look to again be a contender.
12. Henderson (19-3) The Warriors reached the District 1 and PIAA Class AA championship games last year and figure to be again a top contender.
13. Academy of the New Church (14-5, 2-0) The Lions have dominated the Friends Schools League and have beefed up their schedule this year as they look to make a mark on a national scale.
14. Strath Haven (15-8) The Panthers look to be a Central league and AA contender.
15. Moorestown-NJ (18-4) The Quakers seek to defend their New Jersey Group 3 state championship.
Under consideration: Allentown Central Catholic (22-2); Bishop Shanahan (14-5); Cape Henlopen-DE (14-5); Downingtown East (15-7); Garnet Valley (18-6); Hatboro-Horsham (16-5); Haverford High (15-8); Lenape-NJ (17-3); Penn Charter (11-12); Radnor (13-9); Shawnee-NJ (16-2); Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (10-12); Spring-Ford (19-4); Upper Dublin (12-7); Wilmington Friends-DE (17-1); Wilson (22-2).
Tags: Haverford School