Phillylacrosse.com, Poosted 4/28/17
Register soon for the BaggataGirls™ Summer Camp for girls entering Grades K-9 June 19th-21st at Wilson Park, Wayne. The camp will run from 9am to 2pm (Grades K-2 will run from 9-11:30am). Per diem options are available.
BaggataGirls™ teaches the skills of lacrosse using novel drills, concepts and language players can understand, relate to and retain – all in a high energy and supportive setting. Our agenda is to teach girls the FUNdamentals with a Flair…
• We transfer knowledge, maximizes touches and help players thrive in the style of play that has emerged in girls’ lacrosse.
• We teach lacrosse literacy and basic skills to help the girls advance at an accelerated rate. We teach them to use both hands and foster motor coordination.
• Our hope is to instill or further develop confidence and a passion for the game.
• This is not a cookie cutter curriculum. BaggataGirls™ training has been honed over years of collective experience by highly respected and caring parents and coaches – all of whom have played and coached at the highest level. And we have seen the results.
We know what you want to see as a parent – joy, smiles, passion, teamwork, effort, improvement, confidence and success. We have crafted the program with these things in mind.
We will group girls by age/ability, tailoring the program as appropriate to optimize the sessions. Girls ages 5-8 will enjoy the KinderLax™ companion curriculum – lots of fun games (KinderLax™ players do not need equipment; soft lacrosse sticks and spongy balls will be provided). The older girls enjoy the short-field soft lacrosse sessions too!
• Amy Orcutt, Head Coach at Conestoga High School (two-time undefeated Central League Champion and 2016 PIAA State Champion) / 2x Coach of the Year / former star player at North Carolina
• Scott Growney, former coach (Mesa Fresh / PennStar / Quix Stix Blazer’s / Villanova University) / Philadelphia Wings member / co-founder of BaggataGirls™ Lacrosse / PA Lacrosse Hall of Fame
• Conestoga All-Americans Liz Scott (committed to Loyola) and Scottie Rose Growney (committed to North Carolina) will be among a fun group of camp counselors sharing their love and knowledge of the game with the girls.
Join the fun, tell your friends, spread the word! Girls from all schools/clubs welcome. Register soon as space is limited. See why experience is the best teacher – click here for More Information and Player Registration; also click here to see the BaggataGirls Photo Gallery. Click here for BaggataGuys companion camp for boys.