By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/1/17
The Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings:
1. La Salle (11-1) Prev: No. 1 The Explorers defeated DeMatha (MD), 10-6, in the annual “Fallen Heroes Game.”
2. Malvern Prep (12-4) Prev: No. 3 The Friars won two key games vs. Haverford School and Conestoga last week; they play Tuesday at Germantown Academy.
3. Haverford School (9-5) Prev: No. 4 The Fords have two key Inter-Ac League games this week, hosting Episcopal Academy on Tuesday and playing Friday at Penn Charter.
4. Garnet Valley (10-3) Prev: No. 13:The Jags have won six straight and have jumped back into a tie for the Central League lead with Conestoga and Springfield-Delco; they play Thursday at Strath Haven.
5. Conestoga (11-3) Prev: No. 2The Pioneers look to rebound from back-to-back losses to Garnet Valley, 12-11 in OT, and Malvern Prep, 11-9, when they play Tuesday at Penncrest.
6. Springfield-Delco (12-2) Prev: No. 5 The Cougars escaped Hatboro-Horsham with a 6-5 overtime win; they are at Haverford High Tuesday.
7. Avon Grove (11-1) Prev: No. 7 The Red Devils host Downingtown East Thursday in a game that could ultimately decide the Ches-Mont League title.
8. Episcopal Academy (7-3) Prev: No. 9 The Churchmen play Tuesday at Haverford School, who along with EA and Malvern Prep are atop the wide-open league title race at 4-2.
9. Salesianum School-DE (8-2) Prev: No. 10 The Sals defeated a strong Fairfield Prep (CT), 11-6, on Saturday and now gear for a battle at Malvern Prep Wednesday.
10. Spring-Ford (12-2) Prev: No. 8 The Rams have a Pioneer Conference showdown Thursday at home vs. fellow leader Perkiomen Valley.
11. Strath Haven (11-4) Prev: No. 6 The Panthers host Garnet Valley on Thursday.
12. Penn Charter (8-9) Prev: NR The Quakers have suddenly emerged as a legitimate Inter-Ac League contender and have won five of six, including victories over Haverford School, Episcopal Academy and Radnor.
13. Allentown Central Catholic (15-0) Prev: No. 12 The Vikings host Parkland Tuesday in a key East Penn contest.
14. Lenape-NJ (11-1) Prev: No. 11 The Indians defeated Cherokee-NJ, 13-8.
15. (tie) Henderson (11-2) Prev: No. 15 The Warriors host Downingtown East Tuesday in a key Ches-Mont League game.
15. (tie) Downingtown East (11-3) Prev: NR The Cougars can remain tied atop the Ches-Mont with a win Tuesday at Henderson.
Under consideration: Academy of the New Church (10-4), Bishop Shanahan (8-3), Central Bucks East (10-2), Hatboro-Horsham (11-2), Haverford High (8-5), Manheim Township (11-2), Moorestown-NJ (7-2), Parkland (14-1), Perkiomen Valley (11-3), Radnor (8-6), Shawnee-NJ (7-1), Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (9-7), St. Augustine Prep (7-4), Wilson (15-1).