By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/6/16
The Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings:
1. Radnor (19-6) Prev: No. 1:The Raiders face two-time defending state champion Garnet Valley Tuesday at Penncrest (5 p.m.) in the PIAA semifinals. The two teams have split in their two games this year.
2. Conestoga (22-1) Prev. No. 2: The Pioneers meet District 7 champion Mt. Lebanon Tuesday in the PIAA semifinals at Cumberland Valley (noon).
3. Garnet Valley (19-5-1) Prev. No. 3: The Jaguars face Radnor in the PIAA semis Tuesday at Penncrest at 5 p.m.
4. Episcopal Academy (23-5) Prev. No. 4 EA won the PA Independent Athletic Association state tourney with an 8-5 win over Agnes Irwin.
5. Archbishop Carroll (18-4) Prev. No. 5:The District 12 champion Patriots fell to Conestoga, 15-9, in the first round of states.
6. Agnes Irwin (19-6) Prev. No. 6: The Owls won their third straight Inter-Ac League title and fell to Episcopal Academy in the PAISAA finals.
7. Moorestown-NJ (18-6) Prev. No. 7: The Quakers defeated Seneca for the South Jersey Group 3 championship, but fell to Summit, 15-6, in the state finals.
8. Shawnee-NJ (20-2) Prev. No. 8: The Renegades toppled Lenape for the South Jersey Group 4 championship, but bowed to Ridgewood, 18-4, in the state finals.
9. Owen J. Roberts (22-5) Prev: No. 9The Wildcats won the PAC-10 title, and reached the District 1 final and PIAA quarterfinals in a breakout year.
10. Cape Henlopen-DE (17-1) Prev. No. 10: The Vikings cruised to their eighth straight state title in the final year of coaching for legendary P.J. Kesmodel.
11. Bishop Shanahan (18-7) Prev. No. 11:The Eagles, making their first state appearance, fell to Radnor, 11-9, in the PIAA quarterfinals.
12. Harriton (15-5) Prev. No. 12: The Rams fell to Unionville, 11-10, in overtime in the second round of districts.
13. Springfield-Delco (17-3) Prev. No. 13:The Cougars fell to Central Bucks West, 7-3, in the second round of districts.
14. Downingtown East (15-3) Prev. No. 14: The Ches-Mont League champion Cougars fell to Bishop Shanahan, 11-7, in the second round of districts.
15. Great Valley (14-4) Prev. No. 15: The Patriots fell to Merion Mercy, 12-9, in the second round of districts.
16. Unionville (14-7) Prev. No. 16The Indians reached the District 1 quarterfinals.
17. Penn Charter (13-6) Prev. No. 17: The Quakers reached the PAISAA semifinals.
18. Academy of Notre Dame (12-10) Prev. No. 18: The Irish reached the PAISAA semifinals.
19. Central Bucks West (16-7) Prev. No. 20: The Bucks shocked Springfield-Delco and reached the fifth-place consolation game of the District 1 tourney.
20. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (15-7) Prev. NR The Devils’ biggest win was a victory over Episcopal Academy.
Under considerationAbington (16-4), Exeter (16-8) Haverford High (10-10), Kennard-Dale (23-2), Lenape-NJ (13-6) Manheim Township (16-8), Merion Mercy (14-9), Mt. Lebanon (19-2), Parkland (16-6), Plymouth Whitemarsh (17-3), Rancocas Valley-NJ (18-5), Seneca-NJ (16-5), Tower Hill-DE (13-3), Unionville (14-7).
Leave a Reply