By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/17/15
We started the 2015 as we finished 2014, with Moorestown and Garnet Valley as the two top teams in the Phillylacrosse.com Preseason Rankings:
1. Moorestown (26-0 last year) The Quakers won their third straight New Jersey Tournament of Champions title and have gone 77-0 in the past three years. They graduated a standout senior class, but as always have reloaded with enough talent to shoot for another crown.
2. Garnet Valley (24-2) The Jaguars won their third state title in four years, and also lost a very strong senior class. They’ll again fight for a Central League, District 1 and PIAA titles.
3. Radnor (16-6) The Raiders will be a major contender in the Central League.
4. Agnes Irwin (22-2) The Owls won a share of their first Inter-Ac League title since 2006 last year despote a number of key injuries and have a slew of top players returning.
5. Archbishop Carroll (18-4) The Patriots have won 14 straight Catholic League titles. Is this the year they challenge for PIAA gold?
6. Springfield-Delco (24-3) The Cougars won the District 1 championship and advanced to the state finals in 2014. They are always a contender.
7. Conestoga (14-10) The Pioneers came back from a slow start to reach the state playoffs last year and should be a serious contender in the Central League and beyond.
8. Episcopal Academy (15-3) EA has won or shared 10 straight Inter-Ac championships. The Churchwomen will vie with Agnes Irwin for another title.
9. Manheim Township (22-3) The Blue Streaks have dominated the District 3 region for years and look to make a mark in the PIAA tourney.
10. Harriton (18-7) The Rams graduated a strong contingent of Division 1 players from a state quarter-finalist team, but should be a threat to challenge in the Central League and post-season. They are the only District 1 team to make it to state each of the past four years.
11. Lenape (21-2) The Indians won the NJ Group 4 state title and reached the TOC finals in 2014. they’ll again be a major contender in New Jersey.
12. Cape Henlopen (13-5) The Vikings won their sixth straight Delaware state title.
13. Great Valley (20-5) The Patriots won their third straight Ches-Mont League title last year and begin the new season with a new coach and the role as league favorites.
14. Downingtown East (17-6) The Cougars reached the state tourney last year and will challenge for a Ches-Mont title.
15. Boyertown (18-4) – The Bears have won so many straight PAC-10 title we sometimes lose count. They look to challenge for a PIAA berth.
Under consideration Bishop Shanahan (11-5), Central Bucks West (14-7), Cherokee (14-7), Clearview Regional (15-6), Downingtown West (12-7), Friends’ Central (15-9), Germantown Academy (12-9), Germantown Friends (17-3), Haverford High (12-8), Hatboro-Horsham (15-5), Henderson (16-5), Merion Mercy (13-4), Shawnee (14-7), Souderton (15-2), Spring-Ford (14-5), Strath Haven (11-7), Unionville (13-6), Villa Maria Academy (15-3).
Leave a Reply