Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/27/14
Middle school players: Are you ready for the next level? To prepare yourself for that next step, the Lafayette College men’s lacrosse program is offering a clinic on Monday, June 30 for rising 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
Preparing To Make The Jump From Middle School To High School Lacrosse
Date: Monday June 30, 2014
Ages: Rising 6th, 7th, and 8th Grades ONLY;
Open to any and all participants
Directors: Jim Rogalski -Head Coach, Lafayette College
Matt Musci -Assistant Coach, Lafayette College
Ed Williams -Assistant Coach, Lafayette College
Dave Carty -Assistant Coach, Lafayette College
Location: Lafayette College, Easton, PA 18042-1772
Directions: Available at www.goleopards.com
What to Bring: Full equipment, including mouth piece. There is no equipment available to rent or purchase. Individuals without full equipment will not be permitted to participate.
Format: Single Day Event from 8AM-5PM AT Fisher Field – Football Stadium (Field Turf). Limited Spots Available
Cost: INCLUDES REVERSIBLE JERSEY $125 per player if received by June 1- $150 per player; $125 if received by June 1
Questions: Direct any questions to Jim Rogalski, (610-330-5482), email@example.com
Registration: Please completely fill out registration form (copy and paste below) with waiver and medical information and send with a check payable to Ski Lax, Inc. to the address below. Registration confirmation and further details will be sent through e-mail. Send clinic registration and payment to: Jim Rogalski—Next Level? Men’s Lacrosse Office, Lafayette College, 312 A.P. Kirby Sports Center, Easton, PA 18042-1772
The program is designed to provide middle school athletes with an understanding of what they can expect at the “Next Level,” the high school level. Our approach and format includes several different aspects of what can be expected when transitioning from middle school to high school lacrosse. We aim to provide knowledge and skill development needed to be successful at the “Next Level.”
Five sessions that are unique to Lafayette College lacrosse. Practice, film/game preparations, weight room training, player skill development, and full team scrimmages will all be incorporated. This program will focus on the skills, knowledge, experience, and techniques needed to prepare for the high school game with the ultimate goal of playing college level lacrosse.
Experience Day Format
8:00am – Registration
9:00am – Practice Session
11:00am – Lunch/Guest Speaker
12:00pm – Film Session
1:00pm – Weight Room Session
2:00pm – Individuals Session
3:00pm – Scrimmage Session
5:00pm – Depart Campus
REGISTRATION – please fully complete and return to address on first page with payment in full
First Name_____________________________________________ Last Name______________________________________________
Address________________________________________________City_____________________State_______ Zip Code___________
Home Phone Number_______________________________ Cell Phone Number____________________________________________
Middle School_______________________________Club Team__________________________________________________________
E-Mail Address (For Confirmation)_________________________________________________________________________________
Grade Entering Sep. 1st (Circle One): 6th 7th 8th
Position (Circle ONLY ONE): Attack Attack/Midfield Midfield Defense LSM Defense/LSM Goalie
Participant Code of Conduct
Ski Lax, Inc. is dedicated to providing its participants with a quality lacrosse experience that combines the highest level of instruction with the opportunity to
participate and compete in games against players from other areas. In its efforts, Ski Lax, Inc. is committed to preserving the honor of the game and the true spirit of instruction
To help fulfill its mission, Ski Lax, Inc. expects that all participants (players, as well as family, friends and fans in attendance) abide by a Code of Conduct. Failure
to do so may result in immediate expulsion from the event without compensation or refund.
1. Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that honors the game and demonstrates respect for other players, coaches, officials and spectators.
2. Performing, permitting, encouraging, or condoning actions that are dangerous or demeaning to a player, coach, official or spectator is unacceptable.
3. Participants are not permitted to be in the possession of or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and/or tobacco products.
4. Participants are not permitted to be in the possession of weapons.
5. Participants are expected to wear all of the necessary and required equipment for participation in lacrosse.
6. Participants are expected to report any and all injuries to a member of the event medical staff.
7. Participants are expected to treat all Ski Lax, Inc. facilities with respect. There is no tolerance for any acts of vandalism or actions that result in damage to
property. Ski Lax, Inc. will hold participants legally and financially responsible for any and all damages they may cause to the property or facilities of Ski Lax, Inc. including,
but not limited to, Lafayette College, and all fields and facilities used by Ski Lax, Inc.
Ski Lax, Inc.
Participant Waiver & Release
SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE
In Consideration of my participation in Ski Lax, Inc. sponsored events and activities, I agree to the following:
1. Waiver and Release: I am fully aware of and appreciate the risks, including the risk of catastrophic injury, paralysis and even death, as well as other damages and
losses, associated with participation in a lacrosse event and related sports conditioning activities. I further agree on behalf of myself, my heirs and personal representatives, that
Ski Lax, Inc., Lafayette College, along with coaches, officials, referees, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors, officers, and directors of these organizations, shall not be
liable for any injury, loss of life or other loss or damage occurring as a result of my participation in the event.
2. Medical Attention: I hereby give my consent to Ski Lax, Inc. to provide, through a medical staff of its choice, customary medical/athletic training attention,
transportation and emergency medical services as warranted in the course of my participation in Ski Lax, Inc. sponsored or sanctioned events.
3. Readiness to Compete: I will only participate in those competitions or activities in which I believe I am physically and psychologically prepared to participate.
4. Code of Conduct: I have read and agree to all parts of the Code of Conduct.
5. Refund Policy: I have read and agree to all parts of the Refund Policy.
6. Weather Policy: I have read and agree to all parts of the Weather Policy.
Signature of Participant Date
Participant Last Name, First Name (Please Print)
FOR ANY PARTICIPANT WHO IS NOT YET 18 YEARS OLD
As legal guardian of this participant, I hereby verify by my signature below that I have read and fully understand each of the conditions under the Participant Waiver & Release
section for permitting my child to participate in any Ski Lax, Inc. sponsored events and activities, and I accept each of the conditions, especially the waiver and release section.
Signature of Parent/Guardian Date
Medical Insurance Information
All participants are required to be covered with insurance for accidental injury. In most instances, family health insurance is adequate. Please indicate your family health
insurance plan below.
Health Insurance Company
Policy Authorization Number(s)
Medical Treatment Authorization
I/We being the legal guardians of the applicant, authorize Ski Lax, Inc. and its agent’s permission to request medical treatment as necessary to sure the well being of our
Signature of Parent/Guardian Emergency Contact Number Date
Leave a Reply