By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/12/14
The District 1 tournament opens Tuesday with 16 games as teams aim for the six spots in the PIAA tournament.
1. Moorestown (18-0) Prev: No. 1 The Quakers will head into the post-season as the favorite to win a third straight Tournament of Champions title.
2. Garnet Valley (16-1) Prev: No. 2- The Central League champion Jaguars got the top seed in District 1 and host Central Bucks East on Tuesday.
3. Springfield-Delco (16-2) Prev: No. 3 – The second-seeded Cougars host Avon Grove on Tuesday in the first round of districts.
4. Harriton (13-5) Prev: No. 4 – The fifth-seeded Rams host Gwynedd Mercy Academy on Tuesday in the first round of districts.
5. Archbishop Carroll (14-3) Prev: No. 5 – The Patriots are the favorite to win a 14th straight Catholic League title.
6. Agnes Irwin (18-1) Prev: No. 6 – The Owls are the top seed in the PA Independent Schools tourney.
7. Episcopal Academy (14-3) Prev: No. 7 – EA is the No. 2 seed in the PA Independent School tourney.
8. Radnor (14-4) Prev: No. 8 – The sixth-seeded Raiders host Central Bucks South Tuesday in districts.
9. Manheim Township (18-2) Prev: No. 9 – The Blue Streaks won their fifth straight Lancaster-Lebanon League championship Thursday, beating Cocalico 20-5.
10. Great Valley (15-2) Prev: No. 10 The third-seeded Patriots host Jenkintown in the first round of districts.
11. Strath Haven (11-6) Prev: No. 11 – The eighth-seeded Panthers host Villa Maria Academy in the first round of districts.
12. Conestoga (10-8) Prev: NR – The Pioneers closed strong and earned the No. 7 seed; they host Methacton in the first round of districts.
13. Downingtown East (14-3) Prev: No. 12 – The fourth-seeded Cougars host Phoenixville Tuesday in the first round of districts.
14. Boyertown (17-3) Prev: No. 13- The PAC-10 champions (11th seed) hosts league rival Owen J. Roberts in the first round of districts
15. Cape Henlopen (9-5) Prev: No. 14 – The Vikings are the favorite to win a sixth straight Delaware state championship
Under consideration Bishop Shanahan (11-5), Central Bucks West (13-4), Clearview Regional (12-4), Downingtown West (12-6), Germantown Academy (10-7), Haverford High (11-7), Hatboro-Horsham (14-4), Henderson (14-3), Lenape (15-1), Merion Mercy (12-3), Shawnee (10-5), Souderton (15-1), Spring-Ford (14-4), Unionville (12-5), Villa Maria Academy (14-2).
Leave a Reply