follow us on...

Wings re-sign captain Wray for final 5 games of NLL season; gear for next week’s game at Rochester

Friday, 18th March 2011

Categories Boy's/Men's, Pro, Posted 3/18/11
From Press Releases

The Philadelphia Wings announced today that Captain Taylor Wray has rejoined the team and has being placed on the Active Roster list for the team’s five remaining National Lacrosse League (NLL) regular season games.

The Wings will next face the Rochester Knighthawks at the Blue Cross Arena on Saturday, March 26 at 7:35 p.m. The Wings will return home to the Wells Fargo Center to face the Toronto Rock on Saturday, April, 2 at 7 p.m.

Wray was released by the Wings earlier this month due to commitments at Lehigh University where he serves as an Assistant Coach.

Other changes made to the roster include Rookie goalie, Brodie McDonald, moved to the Hold Out list. Five year NLL veteran goalie Kurtis Wager has stepped in his place and defender Jeff Bigas (Penncrest) was moved to the practice squad.

“We are looking forward to positive results as we move through the reaming weeks of the season,” said Wings General Manager Johnny Moradian. “We have 18 new players, a new coaching staff and management team who are all focused on clenching a playoff birth in 2011.”

The Wings (4-7) are currently fifth in the NLL Eastern Division. The team is fourth in the league on the power play, converting on 42% of its chances, and eighth on the penalty kill, successfully defending 58% of its opponent’s opportunities.

There are only two more chances to see the Philadelphia Wings in action at the Wells Fargo Center this season: Saturday, April 2 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, April 10, at 2:30 vs. Rochester Knighthawks.

Single game tickets start at $10 and are available exclusively through ComcastTIX on line at, by phone at 1-800-298-4200 or in person at the Well Fargo Center Box Office. Season tickets and multigame packs are also available by calling 215-389-WING (9464).


Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Latest Headlines