By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/26/10
Radnor, Springfield-Delco and Strath Haven held their hold on the top three spots and Great Valley moved up two positions in this week’s Phillylacrosse.com Girls’ Rankings. The games of interest this week are No. 9 Downingtown East hosting No. 5 Great Valley on Wednesday and No. 1 Radnor hosting No. 7 Archbishop Carroll on Friday.
1. Radnor (11-0) – The Red Raiders continue to roll. They host Conestoga Tuesday and play at Haverford Thursday before hosting neighborhood rival Archbishop Carroll Friday. (Prev: 1)
2. Springfield-Delco (11-0) – The Cougars, after tight wins over Strath Haven (12-10), Conestoga (11-10) and Penncrest (10-7), the Cougars had an easier time Saturday by downing Episcopal Academy, 11-4, at the Katie Samson Festival at Radnor. They host Villa Maria Academy today and then play at Marple Newtown Tuersday and at Garnet Valley Thursday. (Prev: 2)
3. Strath Haven (9-1) – The Panthers looked strong in downing Merion Mercy, 13-7, at Katie Samson and have road games this week at Lower Merion (Tuesday), Upper Darby (Thursday) and Villa Joseph Marie (Friday). (Prev: 3)
4. North Penn (9-0) – The Maidens continue to lead the Suburban One Continental and have games this week at Central Bucks South (Tuesday), Cheltenham (Wednesday) and Hatboro-Horsham (Friday) (Prev: 5)
5. Great Valley (10-0) – The Patriots. Had a huge 9-5 win over Unionville Tuesday to take over first place in the Ches-Mont League. Then they rallied to defeat Friends’ Central, 12-10, at Katie Samson. They have another big game at Downingtown East Wednesday and also host PAC-10 leader Boyertown on Saturday. (Prev: 7)
6. Unionville (8-2) – The Indians rebounded from consecutive losses to down Notre Dame 21-16 at Katie Samson. They have three league games this week, hosting Coatesville (Tuesday) and Avon Grove (Thursday) and playing at Bishop Shanhan Friday (Prev: 4)
7. Archbishop Carroll (6-3) – The Patriots scored an impressive 12-4 triumph over Conestoga at Katie Samson. They host Merion Mercy today and play Catholic League games Tuesday (Little Flower) and Thursday (St. Hubert) before the big one Friday at Radnor. (Prev: 8)
8. Upper Dublin (9-0) – The Cardinals host Springfield-Montco Tuesday in a Suburban One American Conference game and then gear for a second battle against second-place Wissahickon Friday at home. (Prev: 9)
9. Downingtown East (7-2) – The Cougars had a key 10-8 win over Downingtown West last week. They play at Episcopal Academy today and host Great Valley Wednesday in a key Ches-Mont game. (Prev: NR)
10. Notre Dame Academy (6-2) – The Irish have dropped two of their last three and seek to rebound this week in the Inter-Ac League with road games Tuesday (Penn Charter) and Friday (Baldwin School). (Prev: 6)
Under consideration (alphabetic order): Archbishop Wood (7-2), Boyertown (7-3), Conestoga (7-4), Council Rock North (8-0), Downingtown West (6-5), Episcopal Academy (6-4), Harriton (8-3), Merion Mercy (9-2), Wissahickon (9-1).
Leave a Reply