Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 10/4/16
Registration remains open for the 3rd Annual ‘Stoga 5v5 Fall Lax Fest – a fun afternoon of small-sided games for girls in Grades 5-9 (graduation years 2020-2024). All games are played in a participatory 5v5 ‘half-court’ format (4 field players plus goalie).
The ‘half-court’ format is fast-paced with lots of touches and action on offense / defense / in transition. The small-sided format is “what’s in” from a player development standpoint!
The event, hosted by the Conestoga High School’s girls’ lacrosse team, will feature 6-10 member township/club teams, clinic sessions, multiple short-sided games, skill contests and a festive, supportive setting.
• Registration Deadline: Monday, October 10, 2016. Click here for Team Registration – Reserve Your Spot Soon!
• One hour clinic from 12-1 pm (3 stations plus goalie instruction);
• 5v5 round robin format from 1:30-4pm (6 field players/team minimum; 9 field players/team maximum (goalies provided if needed);
• Emphasis will be on having fun! In the word(s) of one of last year’s parents in attendance, “Amazing, amazing…”
• Can’t assemble a team? Individual sign-ups permitted, house teams will be formed.
• Event will help raise money for the Fighting Back Scholarship Program and its Peter Kienzle Fund. Organizations/individuals interested in sponsorship, please click here.
• Press release / articles from previous years: 2014; 2015; Use of 2015 Sponsorship Proceeds!
Don’t miss out, please register soon!