By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/21/16
The Final 2016 Phillylacrosse.com Boys’ Rankings for 2016:
1. Haverford School (20-5): The Fords won the Inter-Ac League with a 10-0 record and fell just short in the Inter-Ac Challenge finals, 8-7, to Culver Academy.
2. Springfield-Delco (20-7): The Cougars edged La Salle, 4-3, to win their first PIAA championship.
3. Malvern Prep (18-5): The Friars reached the semifinals of the Inter-Ac Challenge and placed second in the Inter-Ac.
4. La Salle (21-4): The Explorers won the Catholic League title and reached the PIAA title game.
5. Upper Dublin (21-3): The Cardinals won the District 1 championship and reached the PIAA quarterfinals.
6. Strath Haven (19-7): The Panthers shared the Central League title and reached the PIAA semifinals.
7. Avon Grove (19-3): The Red Devils won the Ches-Mont League title, reached the District 1 finals and the PIAA quarterfinals.
8. Bishop Shanahan (18-3): The Eagles fell to La Salle, 8-7, in overtime in the first round of the PIAA tourney.
9. Salesianum School-DE (16-3): The Sals toppled Appoquinimink, 16-7, for their second straight state title.
10. Spring-Ford (21-3): The Rams won the PAC-10 championship for the sixth straight year.
11. Garnet Valley (16-6):The Central League tri-champion Jaguars reached the District 1 quarterfinals.
12. Conestoga (14-7):The Central League tri-champion Pioneers reached the District 1 quarterfinals.
13. Haverford High (15-5) The Fords went 8-3 in the Central League.
14. Wilson (25-1): The Bulldogs won the District 3 title and fell to La Salle, 14-5, in the PIAA quarterfinals.
15. Moorestown (18-4): The Quakers fell to West Morris Central, 8-7, in the New Jersey Group 3 title game.
16. Lawrenceville School (14-10): The Big Red reached the Inter-Ac Challenge semifinals.
17. Germantown Academy (10-13): The Patriots had wins over Manheim Township, Episcopal Academy and Academy of the New Church.
18. Manheim Township (23-4): The Blue Streaks reached the PIAA semifinals.
19. Lenape-NJ (17-2) : The Indians reached the South Jersey Group 4 title game.
20. Hun School (11-7): The Raiders had wins over Georgetown Prep, Lawrenceville, Academy of the New Church and St. Augustine Prep.
Under consideration: Academy of the New Church (16-3), Allentown Central Catholic (18-4), Appoquinimink-DE (14-5), Central Bucks East (14-5), Clearview Regional-NJ (15-5), Easton (18-4), Episcopal Academy (7-13), Germantown Academy (10-13), Henderson (11-6), North Penn (16-4), Princeton Day School-NJ (15-1), St. Augustine Prep-NJ (12-8), St. Joseph’s Prep (12-6).