Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/14/16
Registration remains open for the 24th Annual PLA Golf Classic, which will be held on Columbus Day, Oct. 10, at Manufacturers’ Golf and Country Club in Fort Washington.
Individuals and teams are encouraged to register as soon as possible, “early bird” registration ends Sunday, September 18th. Space is limited. For more information regarding the event and to register, please visit www.plagolfouting.com.
The event supports the PLA’s mission to promote the game of lacrosse in the Greater Philadelphia region, particularly its New Start Program, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs.
Last year’s PLA Golf Classic at Manufacturers’ featured 100 golfers and 62 corporate and individual sponsors and helped the PLA raised over $25,000. The proceeds enabled the PLA to do the following:
• Support of the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and youth and middle programs in Philadelphia;
• Conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics;
• Sponsor area charitable tournaments that keep Philadelphia lacrosse in the spotlight (including the Katie Samson Tournament, the Nick Colleluori Classic, Checking for Cancer and EvanFest);
• Organize/underwrite the 3rd Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquet at the Radnor Hotel, which featured over 300 attendees and brought both the boys’ and girls’ games together to recognize elite high school lacrosse players and others who made their mark on the 2016 high school lacrosse season;
• Support the HEADstring Project, which donated over 150 new and refurbished sticks to programs in the City and in Norristown (see www.headstringproject.com); and
• Launch the PLA’s new website (see www.palacrosse.com).
The PLA is excited to return to Manufacturers! The club hosted the PLA’s first outing in 1993. The Club offers a majestic club house and other facilities and a traditional style parkland layout, featuring a great routing and scenic beauty throughout. Manufacturers’ is one of the “must play” courses in the Philadelphia area.
Sponsors: We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. All sponsors, patrons and (if applicable) their logos (and websites) will be promoted on tee-signs, in the event program, in press releases and on PLA website and the PLA Golf Classic website.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by registering for the event as soon as possible, but in any event before Wednesday, October 5th. Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Based on last year’s participation and the pace of registrations to date, we expect the outing to sell out.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a fully subscribed and memorable one. So please come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun. At the same time, you will help make it possible for even more boys and girls in the City and our larger region to discover the joy of America’s native game. Hope to see you there, thanks for your consideration and continuing support.