Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/9/16
Registration remains open for the 3rd Annual ‘Stoga 5v5 Fall Lax Fest, an afternoon of small-sided round robin games for girls in multiple age groups and brackets — all played in a competitive, participatory 5v5 format (4 field players plus goalie; goalies will be provided if needed). The event will be held on Oct. 16 at Conestoga High School, 12-4:15 pm. Sign up your team before September 16th to take advantage of the “early bird” discount.
The ‘Stoga 5v5, organized and hosted by Conestoga High School’s girls lacrosse team, will attract an array of 6-10 member township/club teams who will participate in clinic sessions, contests and multiple “half-court” games in quick succession. The atmosphere will be festive and fun, with food, refreshments, vendors and prizes.
• Grades 5-9 / Graduation Yrs. 2020-2024 (A & B levels/subject to interest).
• One hour clinic from 12-1 pm (3 stations plus goalie instruction) with credentialed clinicians.
• 5v5 round robin format (6 field players/team minimum; 9 field players/team maximum (goalie help provided if needed).
• “Half-court” format is fast-paced / participatory — lots of touches and action on offense / defense / in transition. The small-sided format is “what’s in” from a player development standpoint!
• Teams play multiple short-sided games with periodic breaks (games approximately 10 minutes long; modified checking).
• Emphasis will be on having fun! Testimonials abound!! In the word(s) of one of last year’s parents, “Amazing, amazing…”
• Can’t assemble a team? Individual sign-ups permitted, house teams will be formed.
• Event will help raise money for the Fighting Back Scholarship Program and its Peter Kienzle Fund. Organizations/individuals interested in sponsorship, please click here.
• Press release / articles from previous years: 2014; 2015; Use of 2015 Sponsorship Proceeds!
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 10, 2016 (registrations will be accepted on a “first come first served” basis until the event is full). For team/Player Registration, click here.