Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 12/3/15
From Press Release
The Silverbacks Lacrosse Club is hosting Open tryouts for high school boys currently in 8th grade through and including 11th grade.
SILVERBACKS TRYOUT INFORMATION:
Date: Sunday, Dec. 6 (poor weather date = Sunday, Dec. 13) – 1 day tryout opportunity only!
Times: 9 – 11:30 am
Location: Caravel Academy Field Turf Stadium – Bear, DE
High School Registration Link: http://www.delawarelacrosseacademy.com/show/11/Tryout-Information
Program Website: www.DelawareLacrosseAcademy.com
– All players are required to pre-register via link above.
– Tryout Fee is $30.00
– If you cannot attend tryouts, please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to set up an alternate time for evaluation.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS:
– 17 practices (weather permitting)
– Our teams attend a minimum of 3 recruiting tournaments.
– New Players will receive custom sublimated uniform—reversible, shooter shirt and 2 pairs of shorts
– More practices than any other local club team. Silverbacks practices twice per week for 2 – 2.5 hours each practice! Other local clubs practice once per week for 1.5 – 2 hours. That is up to 3 hours more practice time per week to help player improve. Program Philosophy is “Teach Not Tell” so all players are taught how to play at a higher level and fast using the highest level techniques in a SYSTEM based learning/playing environment.
– Superior Coaches. Our staff is made up of college graduates NOT college players. Our staff members are all coaches at the high school or college level and are prepared through tested experience to handle players of different skill levels, abilities and personalities to coach players and place them in positions of individual and team success. http://www.delawarelacrosseacademy.com/show/39/DLA-Coaching-Staff
– Coaching Consistency. Our coaches stay with our program which helps with teaching system based lacrosse not individual lacrosse. We assign coaches to stay with a team so these coaches get to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the players they coach which helps with building team chemistry, development and success.
– Player Marketing Assistance. We help connect players to coaches and coaches to players helping to find the perfect fit based on academics, location, campus environment, finances and lacrosse. As a former college lacrosse coach for 14 years, Program Director Christian Zwickert, has relationships with all coaches at every level.
– Recruiting, Financial Aid and Admissions Process Assistance.
– New website for program participants to build a FREE Player Profile. Players can add bio information, academic and athletic achievements and highlight film links to create FREE player profiles. This information is critical to communicating to college coaches about program participants.
– Program partnerships – opportunity for “high level players” to play with players from other teams/regions. Silverbacks is a member of the newly formed National Lacrosse Association (NLA). This organization will be the home of club programs who will provide opportunities for its member participants to play on NLA “National” Teams at ELITE LEVEL recruiting events and showcases. Programs include Buffalo Lacrosse Club, West Florida Lacrosse Club, Maryland Xtreme and Brotherhood Lacrosse (NJ).
– Discounted Lacrosse Equipment.
Program participants receive 10% in store purchases at Lacrosse Central in Wilmington, DE.
Silverbacks Lacrosse teams are directed by Christian Zwickert who spent 14 years as D1 and D3 College Head Coach and Assistant Coach offering a true perspective of differences between playing D1 vs. D3 and offers real assistance, through his vast college coaching experience, to families about the Recruiting, Financial Aid and Admissions Processes
Mission – “Development of the Player” / Philosophy – “Teach Not Tell.”