Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/4/15
From Press Release
Registration is now open for the inaugural Girls’ Session of The Match™ (www.matchlax.com), a novel recruiting showcase focusing on elite players targeting Division III colleges. The event, now open to both boys and girls who are in 2016-2018 graduation years, will be held on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at The Hill School in Pottstown, PA (just 35 miles outside of Philadelphia and within a short driving distance from major lacrosse hotbeds).
The Girls’ Session will be patterned after and run in parallel with the Boys’ Session of The Match™, which has attracted over 300 players from 8 states in the last two years. Close to 50 Division III colleges have attended the boys’ showcase. Directors expect an array of coaches and schools to be in attendance at the both Boys’ and Girls’ Sessions of The Match™ based on expressions of interest to date.
All interested players, boys and girls, are asked to visit the website and register as soon as possible, as one or more coaching recommendations are also part of the process. Selection is competitive based on credentials and information in the nomination forms and invitations will be sent on a rolling basis. Space is limited by position; total enrollment is also limited.
High school and club coaches are invited and encouraged to nominate strong candidates for The Match™ by completing the on-line nomination form. Players/parents will receive notification letting them know about the opportunity and providing a link to additional information. Thank you in advance to all coaches who nominate players or complete nominations on behalf of their players, we are grateful for your time and courtesy.
• DATE/LOCATION: Sunday, October 18th at The Hill School (on adjacent fields, providing for an intimate, convenient and efficient setting). The event will begin later in the morning to permit day-trips.
• CANDIDATES FOR THE EVENT: The Match™ is specifically designed for players who are (or have the potential to be) strong Division III candidates – athletically and academically.
• FORMAT: Players will have a chance to showcase their talents in clinics/drills, 7v7 short-sided matches and in full field games. The novel 7v7 portion helps maximize player touches and gives participants a meaningful chance to display their skills on offense, defense, in transition and in the goal in a fast-paced, participatory setting.
• CLINICS/DRILLS/PRESENTATIONS: Highly credentialed clinicians/coaches will conduct clinic sessions, drills and presentations of interest, including the Division III value proposition/recruiting process. Parents are invited to attend that discussion.
• CONNECTLAX MEMBERSHIP: Players who complete the registration process will be entitled to a free 3-month subscription to ConnectLAX – an online/mobile recruiting platform (see http://www.connectlax.com). Participants will receive a free 6-month subscription and have the chance to order game video/highlights to include on their profile.
• COLLEGE COACHES – ATTENDANCE: Interested college coaches are asked to register at: Girls’ Session – http://midatlgirls.matchlax.com/college-coaches; Boys’ Session – http://midatlboys.matchlax.com/college-coaches/. Schools that indicate their plans to attend will be listed on the event website, with links to their program’s website to facilitate research and communications from interested players.
The event philosophy is simple — FOCUS ON THE FIT, NOT THE FRENZY™! The name “The Match™“ is in recognition of the realities of today’s harried recruiting world and a reminder to student-athletes to be diligent and strategic in their search to find the right fit. While many high school players dream about playing Division I lacrosse, players can find outstanding lacrosse, happiness as a player, and great academics at schools in the Division III world. Strong players, in particular, have the opportunity to leverage their lacrosse talents to get the best education they can, while competing at a very high level.
The Match™ is scheduled to precede the established Division I recruiting events and the hype of the November circuit. Participation in those events may still be a part of a player’s game plan. The Match™, however, gives serious college lacrosse prospects the chance to acclimate themselves to the competition while playing before an attentive audience of Division III coaches.
For more information about either the Boys’ or Girls’ Sessions of The Match™, to register to play, to nominate one or more of your high school or club players, or to confirm your attendance as a college coach, please visit www.matchlax.com.
Note: The Match™ will be run by Heritage Lacrosse™. Heritage Lacrosse™ (http://www.heritagelacrosse.com/) stages best in class tournaments and unique showcase events, such as The Match™, while promoting sportsmanship and the values of tradition, honor and respect for the game. Heritage Lacrosse™ also offers event management technology solutions to ensure top tier tournament or event operations.