Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/13/15
Individuals and teams are encouraged to register as soon as possible, space is limited and the event is almost half full. For more information regarding the event and to register, please visit www.plagolfouting.com.
The event supports the PLA’s mission to promote the game of lacrosse in the Greater Philadelphia region, particularly its New Start Program, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs.
Last year’s PLA Golf Classic at Bidermann Golf Club featured 124 golfers and 68 corporate and individual sponsors and helped the PLA raised over $25,000. The proceeds enabled the PLA to do the following:
• Support of the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and youth and middle programs in Philadelphia;
• Conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics;
• Sponsor area charitable tournaments that keep Philadelphia lacrosse in the spotlight (including the Katie Samson Tournament, the Nick Colleluori Classic, Checking for Cancer and EvanFest);
• Organize/underwrite the 2nd Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquet at the Radnor Hotel, which featured over 250 attendees and brought both the boys’ and girls’ games together to recognize elite high school lacrosse players and others who made their mark on the 2015 high school lacrosse season;
• Induct the Class of 2015 into the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame at Whitemarsh Country Club in February;
• Support the HEADstring Project, which donated over 200 new and refurbished sticks to programs in the City (see www.headstringproject.com); and
• Launch the PLA’s new website (see www.palacrosse.com).
The PLA is excited to return to Manufacturers! The club hosted the PLA’s first outing in 1993 and last hosted the event in 2006. The Club offers a majestic club house and other facilities and a traditional style parkland layout, featuring a great routing and scenic beauty throughout. Manufacturers’ is one of the “must play” courses in the Philadelphia area.
Sponsors: We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. All sponsors, patrons and (if applicable) their logos (and websites) will be promoted on tee-signs, in the event program, in press releases and on PLA website and the PLA Golf Classic website.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by registering for the event as soon as possible, but in any event before Monday, October 5th. Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Based on last year’s participation and the pace of registrations to date, we expect the outing to sell out.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a fully subscribed and memorable one. So please come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun. At the same time, you will help make it possible for even more boys and girls in the City and our larger region to discover the joy of America’s native game.