Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/4/15
Registration remains open for the Chapter Challenge™, a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls at the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, May 2-3. Last year’s event featured close to 80 teams. Please visit the website for more information and to register – http://www.chapterchallenge.net. Some brackets are already shaping up, so register soon!
• Multiple Brackets are available to help each team find the appropriate level of play for a great day of festival lacrosse
• Club/Travel teams looking for elite spring competition are invited to participate this year in addition to recreational and township teams. Brackets will be organized based on interest.
• The event is run by Heritage Lacrosse, which operates the Liberty Lacrosse Shootout™, Patriot Games™, The Match™ and other popular events.
Dates of Play:
o Saturday, May 2, 2015
* Boys U9 A/B/Club (1/2nd grade)
* Boys U11 A/B/Club) 3/4th grade)
* Boys U13 A/B/Club (5/6th grade)
* Boys U15 (Club/Travel – 2019/2020)
o Sunday, May 3, 2015
* Boys U15 A/B – Morning (7/8th grade)
* Girls U11 (3/4th grade)
* Girls U13 (5/6th grade)
* Girls U15 (7th/8th grade)
• 3 games with certified officials on professionally-staged tournament fields.
• Festival setting with lots of team tents and an assortment of food/merchandise vendors.
• Athletic trainer(s) and an AED will be on site.
Support the PLA: The Chapter Challenge™ is pleased to support the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the local chapter of US Lacrosse that promotes the game and provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community in Eastern Pennsylvania.
THE CHALLENGE: A key component of the “Challenge” is for teams to help the PLA in one of two ways (not mandatory, but all support is welcome):
• Challenge Partners: Each team is asked to arrange for a sponsor to make the donation to the PLA as the team’s “Challenge Partner.” Any donations is welcome and Challenge Partners will be recognized for their support ; AND/OR
• Stick Donations / HEADstring™ Project (see http://headstringproject.com/). Each team is asked to organize a used stick collection drive and to donate the sticks at the event. The PLA will arrange for the donated sticks to be restrung and recycled to support lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong™ Foundation to give donated boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and help spread the game, while also communicating a message of character and courage reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder.