Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/19/15
From Press Release
Over 100 boys’ recreational and club teams and 2500 youth players are expected to participate in one of most popular events of the season. The Shootout is a fun way to punctuate the recreation season. This year, travel clubs are invited to start their 2015 summer campaigns at the Shootout too (club brackets will be organized by graduation year).
Your teams are invited to join in the fun, the tradition, and an atmosphere in which the pressure of competition is never more than the pleasure of competition. The tournament set up and the fields of play are second to none. Space is limited so sign up soon to secure your spot in the event! To register or to obtain more information, please visit the Shootout website – http://www.libertylacrosse.com.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION DATE OF PLAY
U9 Boys (Rec Grades 1-2; Club 2025/2026) Saturday, June 6, 2015
U11 Boys (Rec Grades 3-4; Club 2023/2024) Sunday, June 7, 2015
U13 Boys (Rec Grades 5-6; Club 2021/2022) Saturday, June 6, 2015
U15 Boys (Rec Grades 7-8; Club 2019/2020) Sunday, June 7, 2015
• Two or more Rec/Club brackets are available in each division (subject to interest) to help align teams that are organized by age/grade/ability. Our goal is to see highly competitive games (expect to see some 4v4 Bravehearts!);
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their bracket; pool winners advance in a playoff format;
• Shootout venues are exceptional; the Line Road fields are sprinklered and manicured;
• Liberty features certified officials, licensed athletic trainers and all the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (the kids will experience a true tournament atmosphere!);
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from a number of lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good competition. Liberty typically draws teams from Greater Philadelphia, Central PA, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Connecticut;
• Expect a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere with great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions);
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties, so plan to get situated, comfortable and just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• Teams will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on “Honor the Game” scorecards kept by Shootout officials and site marshals after each game.
Space is limited. It is anticipated the Shootout will fill up in advance of the deadline (May 15th), as it has the past 11 years, and the event is now open to Clubs! Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest/balancing of brackets).