Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 1/30/15
From Press Release
Registration is now open for the Chapter Challenge™, a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will features good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County.
Last year’s event featured close to 80 teams. Below are some of the tournament details. Please visit the website for more information and to register – http://www.chapterchallenge.net:
• Multiple Brackets / Festival Format: Each division will feature two or more brackets to help each team find the appropriate level of play for a great day of festival lacrosse.
• Club/Travel Teams: In 2015, the event is open to “Club” and “Travel Teams” looking for elite competition; we will field brackets based on interest.
• Dates of Play:
o Saturday, May 2, 2015
* Boys U9 A/B/Club (1/2nd grade)
* Boys U11 A/B/Club) 3/4th grade)
* Boys U13 A/B/Club (5/6th grade)
* Boys U15 (Club/Travel – 2019/2020)
o Sunday, May 3, 2015
* Boys U15 A/B – Morning (7/8th grade)
* Girls U11 (3/4th grade)
* Girls U13 (5/6th grade)
* Girls U15 (7th/8th grade)
All teams will play 3 games with certified officials on professionally-staged tournament fields in a festive setting. Athletic trainer(s) and an AED will be on site, as will an assortment of food/merchandise vendors. The event will be run by Heritage Lacrosse, which operates the Liberty Lacrosse Shootout™, Patriot Games™, The Match™ and other popular events.
Support the PLA: The Chapter Challenge™ is pleased to support the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the local chapter of US Lacrosse that promotes the game and provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community in Eastern Pennsylvania. The PLA conducts clinics for coaches and officials, sponsors lacrosse-related activities, hosts national team exhibitions, and manages the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame. The PLA has provided close to $375,000 to help underwrite lacrosse initiatives in the region (including efforts to grow the game in Philadelphia).
THE CHALLENGE: As a key component of the “Challenge,” teams can help the PLA in two ways (they are not mandatory but we hope teams will support some worthy objectives):
* Challenge Partners: Each team is asked to make a contribution to the PLA (this is in addition to the registration fee and will inure entirely to the benefit of the PLA). The team can make the donation itself or arrange for a business or sponsor to make the donation to the PLA as the team’s “Challenge Partner.” Any donation is appreciated. All contributors and Challenge Partners will be recognized for their support on the Chapter Challenge™ and PLA websites and in a press release before and after the event; AND/OR
* Stick Donations / HEADstring™ Initiative: Each team is asked to organize a used stick collection drive and to bring/donate the sticks to the event for drop off. The PLA will arrange for the donated sticks to be restrung and recycled to support lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia and to help other Diversity/Inclusion goals. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong™ Foundation (which is contributing its distinctive lime green mesh) in connection with the HEADstring™ initiative (see http://headstringproject.com/). The PLA hopes not only to give donated boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and help spread the game, but to communicate a message of character, toughness, integrity and perseverance reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder to all recipients of the refurbished sticks.