By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/5/15
Nearly 100 boys and girls were honored Thursday night at the 2nd annual Philadelphia Lacrosse Association High School Awards Banquet at the Radnor Hotel.
The PLA was joined by the two high school coaches’ organizations – The Eastern Pennsylvania Lacrosse Coaches Association (boys lacrosse) and Pennsylvania Area Schoolgirls Lacrosse Association (girls lacrosse) – in recognizing the individuals who have made their mark on the 2015 high school lacrosse season.
Honorees at the event included the following:
• All-EPLCA, EPLCA Coach of the Year, Assistant Coach of the Year, Man of the Year and Bob Scott Award selections;
• Boys’ Academic All-Americans (Girls’ Academic All-Americans only became official Thursday and were listed in the Banquet Program);
• EPLCA League MVPs and Kruse Award recipients;
• Recipients of PASLA’s Jackie Pitts Award, Most Improved Team Award, Scholar Athlete Award, Team Service Award and Rookie of the Year Award;
• PASLA League MVPs (new this year);
• PASLA Team Sportsmanship Award (presented by the Philadelphia Women’s Lacrosse Umpires Association).
• US Lacrosse All-American boys’ and girls’ selections from the Eastern Pennsylvania region
• Philly’s U-19 members (Sarah Platt, Agnes Irwin; Hannah Proctor, Radnor; Natalie Bulgier, Souderton
Many of these lists have been posted on Phillylacrosse.com. Below are links to the stories – the rest are to be posted in the next day.
Boys’ Academic All-Americans