Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/8/15
This winter, beginning tonight, the Lacrosse Evolution Goalie Academy will be offering a NEW intensive 4-week Winter Thaw preseason camp at the King of Prussia site, 201 King Manor Drive, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
The program has had much success with its trainees’ constant improvement through our membership-based Sunday School program and private lessons, and this camp has been added with the goal of making it the BEST way to specifically prepare for your upcoming season with your Youth/HS/Club season.
The Goalie Academy will be providing new services specifically for this camp, including an individual film with each goalie’s play on it. This film will be a great tool for goalies to learn from, starting with an individualized film session where we go over each camper’s film with them, highlighting their strengths that they want to leverage, and any weaknesses to improve for the spring. A normal day will include:
• Going over their individual film of their play in the cage
• White Board sessions covering clearing, defensive principals, and communication
• Footwork/Positioning drills
• Warm-up shots, focusing on form + technique, to each spot
• Live shots, focusing on that day’s shot/theme (Shots on the run, screen shots, 1v1s, bouncers, etc)
• Stick work, usually developed through full-field play
• How to read shooter’s tendencies
• How to communicate to see the shots YOU want to see
• Live shots, which are filmed to go over next session
• Each day we will bring in an MLL player/coach or a College All-American as a guest speaker, goalie coach (with a shooting demo!) or guest shooter. Stay tuned for the exciting announcements of our staff!
This camp is your best bet to not only shake off any rust from the fall and get back to where you were, but to take your game to the next level, using tools that are usually reserved for college-level goalies. Film is a huge tool for athletes, and one of the best ways for all of their training to “come together” through actually SEEING what it is they are feeling in the cage, and will help tie everything together for goalies of all ages and experience. For HS-aged goalies looking to play at the next level, film is a must!
• Four consecutive Sundays (2/8,2/15,2/22,3/1)
• Time: 5-8pm
• We will be running both a Boys and Girls camp. While at the same time, they will be separate camps (one in film/chalk talk, while the other on the turf, and vice versa)
• $249 per player
• Each goalie needs to bring sneakers/turf shoes, stick, helmet, gloves, chest protector, mouth guard and a cup. If there are pieces you are missing, let us know ahead of time and we can provide them.
• Contact Dave Page at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
• To register, visit Winter Thaw Registration