Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/15/15
From Press Release
The Inter-Ac Challenge is less than two months away. Run by NXTsports, the first-year event features the six Inter-Ac League schools and six guest schools in a tournament to decide the Philadelphia area’s private school champion.
At the end of the regular season, the 12 participating schools will be seeded on a combination of Inter-Ac regular season standings, head-to-head matchups and LaxPower.com power rankings. For fun, we are taking a look at what the seedings would look like if the Inter-Ac Challenge started today. There’s been a good deal of shakeup with the first Inter-Ac games of the season, plus a handful of head-to-head battles outside of the league.
If the inaugural Inter-Ac Challenge started today, these would be the seeds for every team. The top four seeds receive byes in the first round, which will be played Monday, May 11th at the higher seed’s home field. The quarterfinals will be played Wednesday, May 13th at the Conshohocken Proving Grounds, while the semifinals and final will be played Friday, May 15th and Monday, May 18th at PPL Park. Click here for more info on the Inter-Ac Challenge. Click here for the first week of rankings.
Biggest Rise: Malvern Prep moves into the final top-four spot after posting a 2-0 mark to start Inter-Ac play. The Friars have won five of six after a disastrous 0-4 start and there’s no doubt that the defending Inter-Ac champions will have a say in who gets the title this year.
Biggest Drop: Springside Chestnut Hill falls seven spots to 11, though only part of that is a result of its 0-2 start to Inter-Ac play. The Blue Demons also fell victim to jumps from Hun School and Lawrenceville School, but losing to Malvern, Penn Charter and Hill School dropped them.
1. Haverford School (10-0, 2-0 Inter-Ac) Last week: 1
2. Hun School (6-0, 3-0 NJ Private) Last week: 5
3. Lawrenceville School (3-3, 1-0 NJ Private) Last week: 7
4. Malvern Prep (5-5, 2-0 Inter-Ac) Last week: 10
5. Episcopal Academy (6-3, 1-1 Inter-Ac) Last week: 2
6. Shipley School (8-0, 0-0 Friends League) Last week: 6
7. Penn Charter (5-4, 1-1 Inter-Ac) Last week: 9
8. Academy of the New Church (6-1, 0-0 Friends League) Last week: 3
9. Germantown Academy (6-3, 0-2 Inter-Ac) Last week: 8
10. Hill School (3-4, 1-0 Independent) Last week: 11
11. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (5-4, 0-2) Last week: 4
12. Westtown School (1-1, 0-0 Friends League) Last week: 12