Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/28/15
From Press Release
The 2015 Inter-Ac Challenge is two weeks away! Run by NXTsports, the first-year event features the six Inter-Ac League schools and six guest schools in a tournament to decide the Philadelphia area’s private school champion.
At the end of the regular season, the 12 participating schools will be seeded on a combination of Inter-Ac regular season standings, head-to-head matchups and LaxPower.com power rankings. For fun, we are taking a weekly look at what the seedings would look like if the Inter-Ac Challenge started today. The top four seeds seem to be taking shape with a pair of unbeaten teams leading the charge, but after that, there are a ton of opportunities for movement.
If the inaugural Inter-Ac Challenge started today, these would be the seeds for every team. The top four seeds receive byes in the first round, which will be played Monday, May 11th at the higher seed’s home field. The quarterfinals will be played Wednesday, May 13th, while the semifinals and final will be played Friday, May 15th and Monday, May 18th at PPL Park.
Click here for ticket information to the semifinals and final with all net proceeds being donated to charity.
Biggest Rise: Academy of the New Church, Springside Chestnut Hill Academy and Shipley School all rose two spots.
Biggest Drop: Penn Charter fell four spots.
1. Haverford School (16-0, 6-0 Inter-Ac) Last week: 1
2. Hun School (10-0) Last week: 2
3. Episcopal Academy (9-5, 4-2 Inter-Ac) Last week: 3
4. Malvern Prep (8-8, 4-2 Inter-Ac) Last week: 4
5. Lawrenceville School (4-6) Last week: 5
6. Hill School (8-4) Last week: 7
7. Academy of the New Church (11-2, 3-0 Friends League) Last week: 9
8. Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (9-6, 2-4 Inter-Ac) Last week: 10
9. Shipley School (12-3, 1-1 Friends League) Last week: 11
10. Penn Charter (6-9, 2-4 Inter-Ac) Last week: 6
11. Germantown Academy (7-8, 0-6 Inter-Ac) Last week: 8
12. Westtown School (2-5, 0-1 Friends League) Last week: 12
– See more at: http://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/IACChallengeBracket4/#sthash.PvuJ9wyq.dpuf