Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/6/15
HEADstrong Foundation™ is actively seeking grassroots marketing interns for summer 2015. HEADstrong’s summer grassroots marketing internship is devoted to providing students with a comprehensive overview of a working non-profit while engaging students in outreach opportunities.
Interns will be involved with tasks focused on increasing visibility, promoting brand and cause awareness at athletic events, sports camps, instructional clinics and community service events. This internship is accredited and ideal for students requiring a service credit or looking to add a service component to their resume. This is a non-paid internship however HF™ will provide a stipend at the conclusion of the summer based on performance.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives including supporter development, mobile marketing, product showcasing, public speaking and appearances.
• Serve as a representative and ambassador at various summer events.
• Build HF email and social media database.
• Identify key local and regional events and coordinate involvement.
• Implement strategy for building social media network.
• Volunteer at scheduled HF services at area hospitals and medical centers.
• Lead outreach opportunities focused on promoting cause awareness.
• On and offsite promotions.
• Inventory management.
• Interns will be expected to work all scheduled HF events. Responsibilities may include physically setting up and breakdown of tents, tables, event merchandise, distribution of literature and various pre and post event activities.
• Candidates must be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
• Must be detail-oriented, accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner and multitask efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Candidates must reside within a commutable distance to HEADstrong’s national headquarters located at 232 Green Avenue, Holmes, PA 19043.
• Background or pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Non-Profit, Sports Management, Event Planning or related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Proficiency in Social Media including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Willingness to travel.
• Previous knowledge of the HEADstrong Foundation and interest in athletics, specifically lacrosse.
• Personal experience with cancer. (survivors or someone that has been affected by cancer)
• Previous fundraising or non-profit experience.
Due to the nature of most competitive sports and tournament schedules, this position requires a willingness to work flexible hours, numerous weekends and possible holidays.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Pat Colleluori, Pat@HEADstrong.org, please include
Summer Internship in the subject.
Application Deadline – March 31, 2015