Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 8/9/14
SILVERBACKS LACROSSE CLUB is hosting OPEN tryouts for Youth boy’s age groups U9-U15 and boy’s High School freshmen through seniors for Fall 2014.
– 2014 Dick’s Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions (Tampa, FL) – Invitee
– 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions (Tampa, FL) – FINAL FOUR
– 2013 MVP Tournament Mixed Division CHAMPIONS
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS (based on Summer 2014):
– We practiced 16 times last summer.
– Our teams attended 4 recruiting tournaments. Top level team attended Ultimate Performance, MVP, Summer Sizzle and Hotbeds.
– New Players will receive custom sublimated uniform—reversible, shooter
shirt and reversible shorts with pockets on both sides.
– All New players received a 2nd “alternate” shooter shirt, pocketed performance shorts, custom
team hat, custom team bag and custom team helmet wrap – included in team fees!!!
Date: Sunday, Sept. 7 (rain date = Sunday, September 14)
Times: 1-6 pm
Location: Blue Diamond Park – Bear, DE
High School Registration Link: http://zlacrossecamps.com/SilverbacksTryoutForm.html
Youth Registration Link: http://zlacrossecamps.com/SilverbacksYouthBoysClinicForm.html
Program Website: www.ZLacrosseCamps.com
Silverbacks Lacrosse Recruiting program operates under the Delaware Lacrosse Academy and has been in existence since 2008. In the past 7 years, we have had over 190 players graduate from our program with players at every college level. We are committed to helping players reach their potential and assist families through the admissions and recruiting process from start to finish. All our coaches are college graduates and have had played college lacrosse. Also, our coaches have to be actively coaching at a high level. Our Summer teams practice twice per week to give the most opportunity for improvement and advancement.
Our mission is simple – “Development” of the entire athlete. Our philosophy as a coaching staff helps with the learning curve and the greater understanding of playing at a higher level – ”Teach Not Tell”. Playing at a faster and higher level combined with college level techniques helps players to read game situations, make assessments and decisions and apply proper, learned technique to instantaneous reactions that are practiced and refined within the program. We want our players to know everything they can about all aspects of the game. Better understanding equals a shorter read and react time creating the ability to play faster.