By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/5/14
No. 1 Malvern Prep seeks to repeat as the Inter-Ac League champion and finish an undefeated regular season this week – but it faces two major tests. The Friars will play Tuesday at Episcopal Academy and Friday it hosts No. 2 and second-place Haverford School.
2. Haverford School (16-4) Prev: No. 2- The Fords play at Malvern Prep Friday for a possible shot at an Inter-Ac League co-championship.
3. Salesianum School (9-1) Prev: No. 3- The Sals have a big game at No. 9 Shawnee on Thursday.
4. Penncrest (16-0) Prev: No. 4- The Lions can clinch the outright Central League crown Tuesday at Conestoga.
5. Bishop Shanahan (11-1) Prev: No. 5- The Eagles look to win the Ches-Mont League outright title with wins over Bayard Rustin (today), Sun Valley (Tuesday) and West Chester East (Thursday).
6. Central Bucks East (13-3) Prev: No. 6- The Patriots can finish as undefeated Suburban One Continental Conference champions with wins over Souderton (today), Pennridge (Tuesday) and Central Bucks South (Friday).
7. Avon Grove (10-4) Prev: No. 7- The Red Devils look to wrap up the Ches-Mont League’s No. 2 seed this week with games vs. Henderson (Tuesday) and Bayard Rustin (Thursday).
8. Shawnee (12-0) Prev: No. 10- How good are the Renegades? We will find out a lot Thursday when they host No. 3 Salesianum.
9. La Salle (8-5) Prev: No. 15- The Explorers play at No. 2 Haverford School today in a test to see just how far their young team has come.
10. Radnor (12-2) Prev: No. 9- The Raiders need to win today at Springfield-Delco and hope Penncrest falls to Conestoga to gain a shot a league co-championship.
11. Ridley (10-3) Prev: No. 11- The Green Raiders play today at Garnet Valley in a key Central League game.
12. St. Joseph’s Prep (9-4) Prev: No. 8- The Hawks look to regroup from their loss to La Salle Friday.
13. Springfield-Delco (11-3) Prev: No. 14- The Cougars host Radnor today in a key Central League matchup.
14. Conestoga (10-5) Prev: No. 12- The Pioneers look to be the spoiler Tuesday when they host Central League undefeated leader Penncrest.
15. Garnet Valley (9-4) Prev: No. 13- The Jaguars host Ridley today in a key Central League game.
Under consideration: Abington (12-3), Clearview Regional (9-2), Episcopal Academy (6-11); Great Valley (9-3), Holy Ghost Prep (8-6), Manheim Township (15-1), Owen J. Roberts (14-3), Spring-Ford (16-2), St. Augustine Prep (10-5), Upper Dublin (14-2), Wilson West Lawn (18-0).
Tags: Malvern Prep