By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/2/14
The lacrosse region took notice Saturday night when Cape Henlopen stunned three-time defending champion Salesianum School, 9-7, to win the Delaware state title. Cape enters the rankings for the first time ever.
Meanwhile, back in PA, three Philly teams will shoot for a chance at the PIAA championship with the semifinals set for Tuesday. The Rankings:
2. Haverford School (20-6) Prev: No. 2- The Fords should be even stronger in 2015.
3. Avon Grove (19-4) Prev: No. 4- The Devils aim for a state finals berth Tuesday when they meet Radnor at Henderson at 6 p.m.0
4. Penncrest (23-1) Prev: No. 7- The Lions face Pittsburgh’s Mt. Lebanon Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Henderson in the state semifinals.
5. Radnor (17-5) Prev: No. 8- The Raiders face District 1 foe Avon Grove Tuesday (6 p.m.) at Henderson in the state semifinals.
6. Bishop Shanahan (18-3) Prev: No. 5- The Eagles fell to Penncrest in a District 1 first-round game.
7. La Salle (15-8) Prev: No. 10- The Explorers were a lot better this year than many people thought they would be.
8. Salesianum School (16-2) Prev: No. 3- Despite the loss to Cape Henlopen, the Sals remain a team that has proven it can compete at the national level.
9. Cape Henlopen (17-3) Prev: NR- The Vikings made headlines with their 9-7 win over Salesianum School in the Delaware state final.
10. Springfield-Delco (18-5) Prev: No. 6- The Cougars reached the District 1 semifinals and the state tourney.
11. St. Augustine Prep (17-6) – Prev: No. 9- The Hermits made the New Jersey Non-Public A semifinals.
12. Upper Dublin (18-5) Prev: No. 11 – The young Cardinals should be a district contender for the next few years.
13. Central Bucks East (17-5) Prev: No. 12- The Patriots won the Suburban One Continental Conference championship.
14. Garnet Valley (15-6) Prev: No. 13- The Jaguars fell just short of making it to states for the third straight year.
15. Moorestown (15-8) Prev: No. 14- The Quakers won the South Jersey Group 3 title.
Under consideration: Abington (15-5), Carlisle (18-4), Clearview Regional (16-4), Conestoga (11-8), Emmaus (18-5), Episcopal Academy (8-13); Great Valley (13-4), Hershey (20-4), Holy Ghost Prep (12-7), Manheim Township (20-3), Owen J. Roberts (16-6), Parkland (18-5), Ridley (14-5), Spring-Ford (19-3), Shawnee (17-2), Seneca (15-3), St. Joseph’s Prep (14-6), Wilson West Lawn (24-2), Wissahickon (15-5).
Tags: Cape Henlopen