Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 5/22/14
Liberty Lacrosse Shootout has three slots remaining for boys – one each at U11 & U15 (play on Sunday June 8) and one at U13 (play on Sat Jun 7).
These slots will be filled on first come basis – register HERE.
The Liberty Lacrosse Shootout, now in its 11th year, will take place June 7/8 at the GCVSA Line Road Complex and The Phelps School in Malvern. Over 100 boys’ teams and 2500 youth players are expected to participate. The Shootout is a fun way to punctuate the season with your players and their families. Teams are invited to join in the fun, the tradition, and an atmosphere in which the pressure of competition is never more than the pleasure of competition. The tournament set up and the fields of play are top notch.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION DATE OF PLAY
U9 Boys Saturday, June 7, 2014
U11 Boys / Girls Sunday, June 8, 2014
U13 Boys / Girls Saturday, June 7, 2014
U15 Boys / Girls Sunday, June 8, 2014
• Two brackets (A/B) are available in each division to help align teams that are organized by grade/ability to ensure games remain highly competitive (expect to see some 4v4 Bravehearts!);
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their bracket; pool winners advance in a playoff format;
• Shootout venues are exceptional — the Festival features certified officials, licensed athletic trainers and all the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (it’s a true tournament atmosphere!);
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from a number of lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good competition. Liberty draws teams from, among other places, Greater Philadelphia, Mid-Penn, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Connecticut;
• Expect a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere with great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions);
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties, so plan to get situated, comfortable and just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• Teams in each age group will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on conduct scorecards kept by Shootout officials and site marshals after each game.
• Space is limited. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest and balancing of brackets).