Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 12/9/14
This winter, the Lacrosse Evolution Goalie Academy will be offering a new intensive 4-week Winter Thaw preseason camp for boys and girls in February at the King of Prussia location at
201 King Manor Road.
• Four Sundays in February (1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd)
• Time: 5-8pm
• For Boys and Girls. While at the same time, they will be separate camps (one in film/chalk talk, while the other on the turf, and vice versa)
• $249 per player
• Each goalie needs to bring sneakers/turf shoes, stick, helmet, gloves, chest protector, mouth guard and a cup. If there are pieces you are missing, let us know ahead of time and we can provide them.
• Contact Dave Page at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
• To register, click here.
The camp expands on a successful membership-based Sunday program and is specifically designed to prepare all goalies the upcoming season with your Youth/HS/Club team. The Goalie Academy will be providing new services specifically for this camp, including an individual film with each goalie’s play on it.
This film will be a great tool for goalies to learn from, starting with an individualized film session
highlighting strengths and weaknesses. Furthermore, each camper will have a one-on-one session with a LaxEvo coach to help them set individual goals for the weeks leading into the season, and for the season itself.
Also, all HS-aged goalies will have their meeting with a current NCAA Recruiting Coordinator to help map out an individualized college-recruitment timeline as well. A normal day will include:
• Going over their individual film of their play in the cage
• White Board sessions covering clearing, defensive principals, and communication
• Footwork/Positioning drills
• Warm-up shots, focusing on form + technique, to each spot
• Live shots, focusing on that day’s shot/theme (Shots on the run, screen shots, 1v1s, bouncers, etc)
• Stick work, usually developed through full-field play
• Communication in live-action situations
• End with live shots, which are filmed to go over next session
• Each day we will bring in an MLL player/coach or a College All-American as a guest speaker, goalie coach (with a shooting demo!) or guest shooter. Stay tuned for the exciting announcements of our staff!
This camp is your best bet to not only shake off any rust from the fall and get back to where you were, but to take your game to the next level, using tools that are usually reserved for college-level goalies. Film is a huge tool for athletes, and one of the best ways for all of their training to “come together” through actually SEEING what it is they are feeling in the cage, and will help tie everything together for goalies of all ages and experience. For HS-aged goalies looking to play at the next level, film is a must!