Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 9/20/14
From Press Release
The HEADstrong Lacrosse Club (HLC) is hiring a Regional Club Director to advance their mission into South Jersey. HLC has established itself as a preeminent lacrosse organization that has grown nationally and is committed to providing its players with an incredible and fun-filled learning experience. Led by first-class directors and a dedicated staff comprised of both current and former professional athletes and collegiate lacrosse players who have played competitive lacrosse for the HEADstrong Lacrosse Club™. HEADstrong’s personalized approach to lacrosse instruction focuses on both individual and team development. HEADstrong believes heavily in preaching values and character development and has worked diligently to engrain this into their players. The hope of HEADstrong Lacrosse is to leave an everlasting impression, which helps to give a broader perspective on life not just the game of lacrosse. The HEADstrong Lacrosse Club is a Non-Profit Organization that was established in 2006 by HEADstrong Founder, Nicholas Colleluori with a vision of empowering athletes to support the HEADstrong Foundation in its fight against cancer.
Title: South Jersey Regional Boys Club Director
Location: Pitman, New Jersey
Reporting to the VP of the HEADstrong Foundation and serving as an integral member of the HEADstrong Lacrosse Club, the South Jersey Regional Boys Club Director will be responsible for the development and execution of HEADstrong LC’s national club strategy, lead all lacrosse related operations in the region while implementing HEADstrong LC’s strategic goals and upholding the values and integrity of the HEADstrong Foundation.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a sport-minded leader with a passion for the game of lacrosse, knowledge to instruct the game and development teams, the professionalism to manage relationships while embodying and preserving the mission of the HEADstrong Foundation.
The Boys Club Director will have the operational, managerial and responsibility of developing HEADstrong South Jersey Lacrosse Club. The Director will support the Boys LC in the region and work with other regional Directors to advance the mission of the HEADstrong LC model.
• Collaborate with HF on financial, planning, budgeting, and programming matters.
• Work in partnership with HF to create medium and long term plans and implement new processes and approaches to achieve them.
• Manage travel partners, travel program, parent travel program, hotel partners, and all travel related topics in regard to club operations.
• Mange HLCSJ, composition, tournaments, camps, clinics, training and programming.
• Manage parent needs including regional events, socials and programs.
• Work with HF for plans, needs, pricing and programming.
• Develop and manage all HLCSJ budgets and fundraising.
• Manage team registration, tryouts and team website.
• Manage HLCSJ uniform and equipment needs.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Experience in event, club or sports related organization preferred.
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization or team.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with a diverse level of expertise.
• Experience with coordination of fundraising and community service projects.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical operations and administrative initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with event directors, coaches, players, parents, vendors, supporters and members of the HEADstrong staff.
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as a strategic thinker
• Passion for HEADstrong mission, relentlessly helping others and the game of lacrosse.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Please email resume, cover letter and 3 references to: