Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 2/25/14
“Early Bird Special” registration for the popular Liberty Lacrosse Shootout ends Friday, February 28th. The event, in its 11th year, will take place June 7/8 at the GCVSA Line Road Complex and The Phelps School in Malvern.
Over 100 teams and 2500 youth players are expected to participate in a tournament set-up that is second to none. Space this year will be limited; registration is open for boys’ and girls’ teams in the age groups below. Register this week to guarantee to ensure your teams a spot in the Shootout at the discounted price! To register or to obtain more information, please visit the Shootout website – http://www.libertylacrosse.com.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION DATE OF PLAY
U9 Boys Saturday, June 7, 2014
U11 Boys / Girls Sunday, June 8, 2014
U13 Boys / Girls Saturday, June 7, 2014
U15 Boys / Girls Sunday, June 8, 2014
• Two brackets (A/B) are available in each division to help align teams that are organized by grade/ability to ensure games remain highly competitive (expect to see some 4v4 Bravehearts!);
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their bracket; pool winners advance in a playoff format;
• Shootout venues are exceptional — the Festival features certified officials, licensed athletic trainers and all the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (the kids will experience a true tournament atmosphere!);
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from a number of lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good competition. Liberty draws teams from, among other places, Greater Philadelphia, Mid-Penn, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Connecticut;
• Expect a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere with great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions);
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties, so plan to get situated, comfortable and just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• Teams in each age group will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on conduct scorecards kept by Shootout officials and site marshals after each game.
• Registration Fee: $775 (“Early Bird Special” of $725 for teams/programs that register and pay on or before February 28th);
• Space is limited. It is anticipated the Shootout will fill up in advance of the deadline (May 2nd), as it has the past 10 years. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest and balancing of brackets). Please register early to ensure a spot in the event!