Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 4/22/14
· Boys U11B – 1 slot (games on Saturday)
· Boys U13B or C – 1 slot (games on Saturday)
· Boys U15A – 1 slot (games on Sunday)
· Boys U15B – 1 slot (games on Sunday)
· Girls U11 – 1 slot (games on Sunday)
Below are some particulars, click here for more information and to register –
• The Chapter Challenge is a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will features good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, Pennsylvania, which is located near Kennett Square.
• Multiple Brackets / Festival Format: Each division will feature two or more brackets to help each team find the appropriate level of play.
• Dates of Play:
o Saturday, May 3, 2014
Ø Boys U9 (1/2nd grade)
Ø Boys U11 (3/4th grade)
Ø Boys U13 (5/6th grade)
o Sunday, May 4, 2014
Ø Boys U15 – Morning (7/8th grade)
Ø Girls U11 (3/4th grade)
Ø Girls U13 (5/6th grade)
Ø Girls U15 (7th/8th grade)
All teams will play 3 games with certified officials on meticulously-staged tournament fields in a festive setting. Athletic trainer(s) and an AED will be on site!
Support the PLA: The Chapter Challenge will support the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse that promotes the game and provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community in Eastern Pennsylvania. The PLA conducts clinics for coaches and officials, sponsors lacrosse-related activities, hosts national team exhibitions, and manages the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
THE CHALLENGE: As a key component of the “Challenge,” teams are asked to do one of two things (they are not mandatory but we are hoping to further some worthy objectives):
Ø Challenge Partners: Each team is asked to make a contribution to the PLA (this is in addition to the registration fee and will inure entirely to the benefit of the PLA). The team can make the donation itself or arrange for a business or sponsor to make the donation to the PLA as the team’s “Challenge Partner.” All contributors and Challenge Partners will be recognized for their support on the Chapter Challenge website and in a press release before and after the event; OR
Ø Stick Donations / HEADstring Initiative: Each team is asked to organize a used stick collection drive and to bring/donate the sticks to the event. The PLA will arrange for the donated sticks to be restrung and recycled to support lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation (which is contributing its distinctive lime green mesh) in connection with this “HEADstring” initiative. We hope not only to give donated boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and help spread the game, but to communicate a message of character, toughness, integrity and perseverance reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder to the recipients of our refurbished sticks. The PLA and HEADstrong, jointly, will give those who help community service recognition.